Make provision for carers’ rights to flexible working; and for connected
Be it enacted by the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and
consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present
Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—
(1) Section 80F of the Employment Rights Act 1996 is amended as follows.
(2) In subsection (1)(b) omit from “who” to the end of the subsection.
(3) After subsection (1) insert—
The rights accorded by subsection (1) above to persons mentioned in
subsection (2) shall apply from the first day of employment”.
(4) In subsection (8)(a), omit sub-paragraph (i).
The Secretary of State may make by regulations such consequential, saving,
transitional or transitory provision as he considers appropriate.
Regulations made under subsection (1) shall be made by statutory instrument
and shall be subject to annulment in pursuance of a resolution of either House
(1) This Act may be cited as the Carers and Employment Act 2011.
This Act comes into force at the end of the period of 2 months beginning with
the day on which it is passed.
(3) This Act extends to England and Wales only.