Children and Families Bill
to be moved
in GRAND Committee
[Supplementary to the Fourth Marshalled List]
After Clause 78
Insert the following new Clause—
(1) The appropriate authority for a school to which this section applies must
make arrangements for supporting pupils at the school with medical
(2) In meeting the duty in subsection (1) the appropriate authority must have
regard to guidance issued by the Secretary of State.
(3) The duty in subsection (1) does not apply in relation to a pupil who is a
young child for the purposes of Part 3 of the Childcare Act 2006 (regulation
of provision of childcare in England).
(4) This section applies to the following schools in England—
(a) a maintained school;
(b) an Academy school;
(c) an alternative provision Academy;
(d) a pupil referral unit.
(5) In this section—
“the appropriate authority for a school” means—
(a) in the case of a maintained school, the governing body,
(b) in the case of an Academy, the proprietor, and
(c) in the case of a pupil referral unit, the managing committee;
“maintained school” means—
(a) a community, foundation or voluntary school, within the
meaning of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998,
(b) a community or foundation special school, within the
meaning of that Act.
(6) The Education Act 1996 and this section are to be read as if this section were
included in that Act.”
Page 116, line 14, leave out “is” and insert “and section (Duty to support pupils with
medical conditions) (duty to support pupils with medical conditions) are”