Financial Services (Banking Reform) Bill
to be moved
After Clause 113
LORD PHILLIPS OF SUDBURY
Insert the following new Clause—
contracts from the Gaming Acts
(1) The Treasury must institute a review of the effects of certain business and
financial gaming contracts having been made enforceable at law by the
repeal of certain provisions of the Gaming Acts pursuant to the Financial
Services Act 1986 (as amended).
(2) “Effects” shall include the national, social, cultural and ethical effects as
well as the commercial and economic effects.
(3) The Treasury shall appoint one or more persons to undertake the review
after consultation with the Bank of England, the PRA and the FCA and
such others as it shall decide on such terms as it thinks fit.
(4) The review shall culminate in a report to the Treasury within two and a half
years of the coming into force of this Act.
(5) The Treasury must lay the report before Parliament and thereafter publish