European Union (Referendum) Bill
to be moved
LORD ROBERTS OF LLANDUDNO
LORD ANDERSON OF SWANSEA
[In substitution for amendment printed on page 3 of sheet HL Bill 63(a)]
Page 1, line 10, leave out subsection (5) and insert—
“( ) In Wales, the following question shall also appear on the ballot papers—
A ddylai’r Deyrnas Unedig barhau yn aelod o’r Undeb Ewropeaidd neu
adael yr Undeb Ewropeaidd?””
After Clause 3
LORD FOULKES OF CUMNOCK
Insert the following new Clause—
(1) There shall be established an Office for Public Information on the European
Referendum (“the Office”).
(2) The Office shall be headed by a Commissioner for Public Information.
(3) The Commissioner shall be appointed with the approval of the
Commissioner for Public Appointments.
(4) It shall be duty of the Commissioner for Public Information and the Office
to inform the public ahead of the vote in the referendum of the advantages
and disadvantages of the UK’s membership of the European Union.
(5) The cost of the Office shall be met by Her Majesty’s Treasury.”