to be moved
Page 58, line 14, at end insert—
“(2) This section and paragraphs 1 to 39, 41 and 42 of Schedule 20 may not come
into force until the three conditions set out in subsections (3) to (5) are met.
(3) The first condition is that the Law Commission and the Scottish Law
Commission (“the Law Commissions”) have reported on whether each
item of legislation to be repealed by paragraphs 1 to 39, 41 and 42 of
Schedule 20 is, or may be, of practical use; or is no longer of practical use.
(4) The second condition is that the reports of the Law Commissions under
subsection (3) have been laid before each House of Parliament.
(5) The third condition is that the Secretary of State has, by regulations made
by statutory instrument, removed from the list of legislation to be repealed
in Schedule 20 any provisions which the Law Commissions have reported
are, or may be, of practical use.
(6) A statutory instrument containing regulations under subsection (5) may
not be made unless a draft of the instrument has been laid before and
approved by a resolution of each House of Parliament.
(7) Paragraph 40 of Schedule 20 comes into force on the day on which this Act
Page 61, line 38, leave out paragraph (n)
Page 62, line 5, at end insert—
“( ) Section 82 and Schedule 20 come into force in accordance with subsections
(2) to (7) of section 82.”