House of Commons portcullis
House of Commons
Session 1998-99
Publications on the internet
Summary Agendas and Orders of Business

Order of Business Tuesday 27th July 1999

Here you can browse the House of Commons Order of Business for Tuesday 27 July 1999.

Notes:
* indicates a question for oral answer.
[R] indicates that the Member has declared a relevant interest.
Questions for oral answer not reached receive a written answer.
Supplementary questions will also be asked. Other Ministers may also answer.

+ indicates Government business.
Timings are indicative only.


At 2.30 p.m.Prayers
Afterwards 
Private Business
Note: Private business is not debated at this time and may not be proceeded with if opposed.
 

Further Consideration of Bill, as Amended

 

City of London (Ward Elections) Bill. (By Order.)

 
    Mr John McDonnell
    Mr Harry Cohen
    Mr Jeremy Corbyn
    Mr Andrew Mackinlay
        On Further Consideration of the City of London (Ward Elections) Bill, as amended, to move, That the Bill be further considered upon this day six months.
    Mr John McDonnell
        On Further Consideration of the City of London (Ward Elections) Bill, as amended:
        [For Amendments, see Notice Paper relating to Private Business.]

Afterwards 
Oral Questions to the Secretary of State for Scotland
*1 Mr Michael Fabricant (Lichfield):    If he will make a statement on the operation of the substantive liaison arrangements between the Government and the Scottish Executive.
(91598)
*2 Mr Tom Clarke ( Coatbridge and Chryston):    If he will publish a guide for the public on the reserved powers relevant to Scottish matters and how they are dealt with in the House.
(91599)
*3 Mr David Stewart (Inverness East, Nairn and Lochaber):    What discussions he has had on the role of regional air services between Scotland and London in encouraging economic development.
(91600)
*4 Mr Russell Brown (Dumfries):    What discussions he had with the Chancellor of the Exchequer on the impact of the Budget on the Scottish economy.
(91601)
*5 Mr Archy Kirkwood (Roxburgh and Berwickshire):    When he expects to announce the areas in Scotland to be included in the next programme of (a) regional development area aid and (b) European Structural funds; and if he will make a statement.
(91602)
*6 Paul Flynn (Newport West):    If he will set up new websites for government information on constitutional changes affecting Scotland.
(91603)
*7 Mr Tam Dalyell (Linlithgow):    If he will list the matters in respect of which he has a shared role with the First Minister and the Scottish Executive.
(91604)
*8 Miss Julie Kirkbride (Bromsgrove):    If he will publish a document outlining the responsibilities of his Department and the staffing structure.
(91605)
*9 Rosemary McKenna (Cumbernauld and Kilsyth):    What assessment he has made of the sectors of the Scottish economy which will be affected by the abolition of duty free within the European Union.
(91606)
*10 Mr Douglas Alexander (Paisley South):    What discussions he has had with the Scottish Executive on revisions to the assisted areas map in Scotland; and if he will make a statement.
(91607)
*11 Mr Jimmy Hood (Clydesdale):    What assessment he has made of the impact in Scotland of the Post Office White Paper.
(91608)
*12 Mr Desmond Browne (Kilmarnock and Loudoun):    What representations he has made to the Chancellor of the Exchequer regarding the state of the Scottish economy.
(91609)
*13 Maria Fyfe (Glasgow, Maryhill):    What discussions he has had with the Chancellor of the Exchequer on increasing job prospects in areas of high unemployment.
(91610)
*14 Mr John Bercow (Buckingham):    If he will make a statement on the reasons for the discontinuation of his Department's internet site.
(91611)
*15 Mrs Ann Winterton (Congleton):    When he last met the United Kingdom Anti-Drugs Co-ordinator to discuss the implementation of Her Majesty's Government's anti-drugs strategy in Scotland.
(91612)
*16 Sir Robert Smith (West Aberdeenshire and Kincardine):    What representations he has made to the Chancellor of Exchequer on the concerns of those using single person companies about the consequences of the proposals contained in Treasury Press Release IR35 for the future of the oil industry in Scotland.
(91613)
*17 Mr Andrew Welsh (Angus):    What representations he has made to ministerial colleagues regarding the proposed boundaries of assisted areas in Scotland.
(91614)
*18 Mr David Marshall (Glasgow, Shettleston):    What assessment he has made of the impact on the Scottish economy of the abolition of duty free within the European Union; and if he will make a statement.
(91615)
*19 Dr Ian Gibson (Norwich North):    What proposals the Government has to encourage the co-ordination of policy on food safety matters between the Scottish Executive and the UK government.
(91616)
*20 Mr Nigel Evans (Ribble Valley):    What discussions he has had concerning his reserve powers to hold a referendum on Scottish independence.
(91617)
*21 Mr George Galloway (Glasgow, Kelvin):    When he will next meet the Scottish TUC to discuss UK Government assistance for the Scottish ship-building industry; and if he will make a statement.
(91618)
*22 Dr Julian Lewis (New Forest East):    What is his policy on utilising his powers to call a referendum on Scottish independence.
(91619)
*23 Dr Norman A. Godman (Greenock and Inverclyde):    When he last met representatives of the Scottish Fishermen's Federation to discuss reserved matters relating to the catching sector of the fishing industry.
(91620)
*24 Mr Donald Gorrie (Edinburgh West):    What arrangements he has made to ensure that Scottish universities apply for and use grants from research councils in a co-ordinated manner.
(91621)
*25 Mrs Ray Michie (Argyll and Bute):    When he plans next to meet the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions to discuss the future of the Coastguard Service in Scotland.
(91622)
*26 Mrs Eleanor Laing (Epping Forest):    How many official engagements he has attended since 1st July.
(91623)
*27 Miss Anne Begg (Aberdeen South):    To what extent the costs of abolishing tuition fees in Scotland will be met by the UK Government; and if he will make a statement.
(91625)
*28 Mr Malcolm Chisholm (Edinburgh North and Leith):    If he will meet One Parent Families Scotland to discuss the funding of the work of that organisation in relation to reserved areas.
(91626)
*29 Rachel Squire (Dunfermline West):    If he will make a statement on progress with the concordat with the Scottish Parliament on EU matters.
(91627)
At 3.15 p.m. 
Questions to the Parliamentary Secretary, Lord Chancellor's Department
*30 Mr Andrew Dismore (Hendon):    If he will introduce measures to regulate the use and costs of leading counsel by litigants.
(91628)
*31 Ms Gisela Stuart (Birmingham, Edgbaston):    What steps his Department has taken to monitor the quality of court interpreters.
(91629)
*32 Mr Tam Dalyell (Linlithgow):    If he will make a statement on the Lord Chancellor's visit to Edinburgh for the opening of the Scottish Parliament.
(91630)
*33 Mr Nick St. Aubyn (Guildford):    If he will make a statement on the role of the Lord Chancellor in maintaining communication between the Government and the judiciary.
(91631)
*34 Sir Sydney Chapman (Chipping Barnet):    What steps the Lord Chancellor takes to ensure the political independence of the judiciary.
(91632)
*35 Mr Gareth Thomas (Clwyd West):    If he will make a statement on the use of the Welsh language in the courts of England and Wales.
(91633)
*36 Mr David Ruffley (Bury St. Edmunds):    What recent representations he has received regarding the closure of magistrates' courts in shire counties.
(91634)
*37 Mr Barry Jones (Alyn and Deeside):    Pursuant to his Answer of 7th July, Official Report, column 556, on police authority and magistrates' court committee chairmen, if he will take steps to avoid the appointment of the same individual to both chairmanships where the areas of operation are approximately the same; and if he will make a statement.
(91635)
*38 Mr Gordon Prentice (Pendle):    What advice and guidance he is issuing to judges concerning comments made by them from the bench which may be perceived as being sexist, racist or otherwise disparaging and discourteous.
(91636)
*39 Mr David Kidney (Stafford):    How he intends that experience of the pilot and associate pilot schemes will inform the process of establishing a national community legal service.
(91638)
*40 Mrs Eleanor Laing (Epping Forest):    If he will make a statement on the Lord Chancellor's role as an intermediary between Government and the judiciary.‹dc0›
(91640)
*41 Mr Michael Fabricant (Lichfield):    If he will make a statement concerning the future of the magistrates' and county courts in Lichfield.
(91641)
*42 Dr Julian Lewis (New Forest East):    If he will make a statement on the Lord Chancellor's role as guarantor of the political independence of the judiciary.
(91642)

At 3.30 p.m.Private Notice Questions (if any)
Ministerial Statements (if any)


Preliminary Business
Notice of Presentation of Bill
1   WARM HOMES AND ENERGY CONSERVATION (FIFTEEN YEAR PROGRAMME)    [No debate]
 Mrs Linda Gilroy
        Bill to require the Secretary of State to draw up and facilitate the carrying out, over a period of fifteen years, of a programme of action to provide at least 500,000 households per year with a comprehensive package of home insulation and other energy efficiency improvements; and for connected purposes.
Formal first reading: no debate or decision.
Ten minute rule Motion
2   FUNERAL PARLOURS (PLANNING) (AMENDMENT)    [Up to 20 minutes]
 Mr Oliver Letwin
        That leave be given to bring in a Bill to amend the law in connection with the change of use of premises intended to be funeral parlours.
        The Member moving and a Member opposing this Motion may each speak for up to ten minutes (Standing Order No. 23).

Main Business
+  3   DATA PROTECTION:    Queen's Recommendation signified.    [No debate]
 Mr Secretary Straw
        That, in respect of service in the period starting with 1st April 1999 and ending with 31st March 2000, the salary of the Data Protection Registrar shall be £66,290 per annum.
To be decided without debate (Standing Order No. 118(6) and Order of 14th July).
+  4   ROAD TRAFFIC    [No debate]
 Mr Secretary Prescott
        That the draft Courses for Drink-Drive Offenders (Experimental Period) (Termination of Restrictions) Order 1999, which was laid before this House on 12th July, be approved.
To be decided without debate (Standing Order No. 118(6)).
+  5   ADJOURNMENT    [Until 10.00 p.m.]
 The Prime Minister
        That this House do now adjourn.
        Proposed subject for debate: Economic Stability and Public Services.
        Relevant documents:
        Bank of England Annual Report 1999.
        Eighth Report from the Treasury Committee, Session 1998-99, on the Monetary Policy Committee--Two Years On (HC 505).
Debate may continue until 10.00 p.m.
At the end of the sitting:
6   ADJOURNMENT
 
        Proposed subject: Her Majesty's Government's proposals for the reform of the procedures of the House     (Mr Peter Bradley).
        Debate may continue until 10.30 p.m. or for half an hour, whichever is later (Standing Order No. 9).

COMMITTEE MEETINGS
STANDING COMMITTEES
1   Fourth Standing Committee on Delegated Legislation 10.30 a.m. Room 9 (public)
        To consider the Education (Head Teachers) Regulations 1999 (S.I., 1999, No. 1287).
2   Fifth Standing Committee on Delegated Legislation 10.30 a.m. Room 11 (public)
        To consider the National Health Service (General Medical Services) Amendment (No. 2) Regulations 1999 (S.I., 1999, No. 1627), and the National Health Service (General Medical Services) (Scotland) Amendment (No. 3) Regulations 1999 (S.I., 1999, No. 1620).
3   Sixth Standing Committee on Delegated Legislation 4.30 p.m. Room 12 (public)
        To consider the Food Safety (Fishery Products and Live Shellfish) (Hygiene) Amendment (No. 2) Regulations 1999 (S.I., 1999, No. 1585).
SELECT COMMITTEES
4   Social Security 9.45 a.m. Room 5 (private)
5   Agriculture 10.00 a.m. Room 20 (private)
6   International Development 10.00 a.m. Room 15 (private)
7   Public Administration 10.00 a.m. Room 6 (private)
8   Home Affairs 10.15 a.m. Room 21 (private)
9   Foreign Affairs 10.30 a.m. Room 16 (private)
10   Environment, Transport and Regional Affairs 10.40 a.m. Room 8 (private)
11   Environmental Audit 11.30 a.m. Room 5 (private)
12   International Development 2.00 p.m. Room 5 (private)
13   Environment, Transport and Regional Affairs: Environment Sub-Committee 3.45 p.m.
4.00 p.m.
Room 15 (private)
(public)
        Subject: The Role and Work of OFWAT and the 1999 Periodic Review.
        Witness: Mr Ian Byatt, Director General of Water Services.
JOINT COMMITTEE
14   Draft Local Government (Organisation and Standards) Bill 2.00 p.m. Room 3 (private)
[The decision of a Committee to sit in public may be rescinded without notice.]

Written Questions tabled on Monday 26th July for answer today++
1  
  
Fiona Mactaggart (Slough):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, if he will seek to amend the British Nationality Act 1981 to restore the principle of ius soli for the acquisition of citizenship.
(93654)
2  
  
Mr Lawrie Quinn (Scarborough and Whitby):    To ask the Prime Minister, if there are any changes in the composition of the United Kingdom Delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe and the Assembly of Western European Union.
(93655)
3  
  
Mr Frank Roy (Motherwell and Wishaw):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what plans he has to review the rate of General Betting Duty.
(93656)
4  
  
Mr Frank Roy (Motherwell and Wishaw):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, how much General Betting Duty (a) was raised in 1998-99 and (b) is forecast to be raised in (i) 1999-2000 and (ii) 2000-2001.
(93657)
5  
  
Mr Lindsay Hoyle (Chorley):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions, when he expects to publish the Planning Inspectorate's Annual Report and Accounts for 1998-99.
(93697)
6  
  
Mr Christopher Leslie (Shipley):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions, what progress he has made in designating regional chambers.
(93698)
7  
  
Mr Robin Corbett (Birmingham, Erdington):    To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what plans she has for monitoring public attitudes on international development issues.
(93699)
8  
  
Mr Ivan Henderson (Harwich):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions, when he will publish his response to the Environment, Transport and Regional Affairs Committee's Twelfth Report of Session 1998-99 into the Future of the UK Shipping Industry (HC 172); and if he will make a statement.
(93700)
9  
  
Mr David Drew (Stroud):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions, if he will carry out an investigation into the pricing policies of rail operators in respect of (a) the solar eclipse and (b) the millennium holiday.
(93701)
10  
  
Mr Tony McNulty (Harrow East):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions, pursuant to his Answer of 13th July, Offical Report, column 130, what progress has been made with preparations for the London Mayor and Assembly since that answer.
(93702)
11  
  
Mr Phil Hope (Corby):    To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what funding her Department is providing for intensive shrimp production in Bangladesh.
(93703)
12  
  
Mr Graham Stringer (Manchester, Blackley):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions, what will be the United Kingdom's share of the funds available in 1999 for priority projects and other schemes under the European Community's Financing Programme for Trans-European Transport Networks.
(93704)
13  
  
Alice Mahon (Halifax):    To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, pursuant to her Answer of 26th July, how much of the grant to the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia was given to (a) Kosovo, (b) Serbia and (c) Montenegro.
(93784)
14  
  
Mr Eric Illsley (Barnsley Central):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will list all the indicators used by his Department to judge the relative health of the nation and the position of the Barnsley Health Authority in relation to all those indicators.
(93785)
15  
  
Mr Gerry Sutcliffe (Bradford South):    To ask the Minister of State, Lord Chancellor's Department, when the merger of the children's work of the Official Solicitor, the Guardian Ad Litem and Reporting Officer Service and Family Court Welfare Service will be finalised and the decision communicated to the relevant parties.
(93786)
16  
  
Mr Desmond Browne (Kilmarnock and Loudoun):    To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, when the Child Support Agency's 1998-99 annual report and accounts will be published.
(93787)
17  
  
Mr Lawrie Quinn (Scarborough and Whitby):    To ask the Deputy Prime Minister, if he will make a statement on the use of animals in defence research.
(93788)
18  
  
Judy Mallaber (Amber Valley):    To ask the Deputy Prime Minister, what assistance his Department is providing to the government of Sierra Leone following the Lomeę Peace Agreement.
(93789)
19  
  
Dan Norris (Wansdyke):    To ask the Deputy Prime Minister, what key targets have been set for the Defence Evaluation and Research Agency for the financial year 1999-2000.
(93790)
20  
  
Mr Michael Foster (Worcester):    To ask the Minister of State, Lord Chancellor's Department, when he expects to make an announcement on Law Commission Report No. 253, The Execution of Deeds and Documents By or on Behalf of Bodies Corporate.
(93791)
21  
  
Mr Michael Foster (Worcester):    To ask the Minister of State, Lord Chancellor's Department, what action has been taken to address the problems faced by the Law Society and the Office for the Supervision of Solicitors about the handling of complaints.
(93792)
22  
  
Mr Michael Foster (Worcester):    To ask the Minister of State, Lord Chancellor's Department, what the Lord Chancellor intends to do to satisfy himself that appointments to the professional judiciary and as Queen's Counsel are made fairly and on merit and that there are safeguards in the appointments procedures against discrimination on the grounds of race or gender.
(93793)
23  
  
David Taylor (North West Leicestershire):    To ask the Trade and Industry, what progress is being made on the introduction of limited liability partnerships legislation.
(93794)
24  
  
David Taylor (North West Leicestershire):    To ask the Trade and Industry, when he will announce his decision on Scottish Power plc's application to build a new combined heat and power gas-fired power station at the Sappi paper mill.
(93795)
25  
  
Mr David Borrow (South Ribble):    To ask the Trade and Industry, what plans he has for a review of ECGD's satus.
(93796)
26  
  
Mrs Linda Gilroy (Plymouth, Sutton):    To ask the Trade and Industry, if he will make a statement setting out the significant changes in the Government's proposals for the reform of utility regulation made since publication of the White Paper in July 1998.
(93797)
27  
  
Mr Derek Twigg (Halton):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will report the findings of the Quinquennial Review of the Medical Devices Agency, which the Minister of State for Health announced on 2nd May; and if he will make a statement about the future status of the Medical Devices Agency and the Medicines Control Agency.
(93798)
28  
  
Mr Alan Keen (Feltham and Heston):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions, what plans he has for a publicity campaign leading up to the elections for the Mayor and Assembly in London.
(93799)
29  
  
Mr Alan Keen (Feltham and Heston):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions, if the agreement between the Secretary of State and London and Continental Railways to build the Channel Tunnel Rail Link, known as the Development Agreement, will be made publicly available.
(93800)
30  
  
Mr Graham Stringer (Manchester, Blackley):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions, when the final guidance on the setting up of airport transport forums, announced in the New Deal for Transport White Paper, will be published; and if he will make a statement.
(93801)
31  
  
Mr Hilton Dawson (Lancaster and Wyre):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what action he is taking to ensure that local authorities meet their responsibilities as corporate parents to unaccompanied asylum seekers who arrive in the UK after their 16th birthday.
(93802)
32  
  
Ann Keen (Brentford and Isleworth):    To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, how the Wilton Park Executive Agency performed against the targets agreed for 1998-99; and what are the agreed targets for the current year.
(93803)
33  
  
Miss Melanie Johnson (Welwyn Hatfield):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions, when he will confirm the arrangements he intends to follow to implement the periodic electoral review recommendations of the Local Government Commission for England; and if he will make a statement.
(93804)
34  
  
Miss Melanie Johnson (Welwyn Hatfield):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions, if he is now in a position to report on the further research his Department commissioned on galvanised steel wall ties.
(93805)
35  
  
Ann Keen (Brentford and Isleworth):    To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, which post will be used as a trial for the tape recording of entry clearance interviews, as recommended in the Fourth Report on the Foreign Affairs Committee of Session 1997-98 (HC 515).
(93806)
36  
  
Mr Tony McWalter (Hemel Hempstead):    To ask the President of the Council, pursuant to her oral Answer of 26th July to the honourable Member for Staffordshire South, when the July monthly statement on millennium compliance in the public sector will be made.
(93807)
37  
  
Mr David Winnick (Walsall North):    To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, if he will make a statement on the killing of 14 Serbs at Gracko, Kosovo, on 23rd July.
(93808)
38  
  
Helen Jackson (Sheffield, Hillsborough):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what statistics or other information have been evaluated by (a) the Home Office and (b) police forces regarding (i) assaults or other crimes committed on public footpaths and (ii) cases where public footpaths have been used as a means of access to property where a burglary or other crime has been committed.
(93809)
39  
  
Helen Jackson (Sheffield, Hillsborough):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what steps he is taking to ensure that Down's syndrome children receive equality of treatment with other children under the NHS.
(93810)
40  
  
Helen Jackson (Sheffield, Hillsborough):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if any factors other than clinical considerations are taken into account when considering transplant surgery for people with disabilities, with particular reference to Down's syndrome children.
(93811)
41  
  
Ms Jackie Lawrence (Preseli Pembrokeshire):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what further developments there have been in the Tax Law Rewrite project.
(93812)
42  
  
Mr Ivor Caplin (Hove):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, if he will make a statement in connection with the independent inquiry, announced on 11th February, by Sir Gerald Hosker KCB QC into the actions of HM Customs and Excise officials in relation to the seizure of the 'Simon de Danser' vessel.
(93813)
43  
  
Ms Jackie Lawrence (Preseli Pembrokeshire):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, when the pooled pension investment will be available; and what investments will be eligible for inclusion.
(93814)
44  
  
Mr Ivor Caplin (Hove):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, how the Office for National Statistics performed against its key targets in 1998-99.
(93815)
45  
  
Ms Jackie Lawrence (Preseli Pembrokeshire):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, if he will make a statement about the UK Debt Management Office's annual administrative accounts.
(93816)
46  
  
Mr Ivor Caplin (Hove):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, how fuel used in chemical reactions will be treated under the climate change levy.
(93817)
47  
  
Ms Jackie Lawrence (Preseli Pembrokeshire):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what progress has been made regarding the review of civil registration in England and Wales announced on 7th December 1998.
(93818)
48  
  
Ms Jackie Lawrence (Preseli Pembrokeshire):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, if he will list the entitlements for 1999-2000 resulting from the carry forward of underspends allowed under the DEL end-year flexibility scheme.
(93819)
49  
  
Mr Alan Keen (Feltham and Heston):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, when he will publish the 12th Annual Report of the Committee for Monitoring Agreements on Tobacco Advertising and Sponsorship.
(93820)
50  
  
Mr Colin Burgon (Elmet):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions, what further advice he has had from the Advisory Committee on Packaging on progress towards meeting targets for increased recycling and recovery of packaging.
(93821)
51  
  
Mr Colin Burgon (Elmet):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions, when he expects to publish the Green Minister's report.
(93822)
52  
  
Mr Derek Twigg (Halton):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Employment, when the Employment Service Annual Report and Accounts for 1998-99 will be laid before Parliament.
(93823)
53  
  
Mr James Plaskitt (Warwick and Leamington):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Employment, if he will make a statement on the future of the competition to sell a third portfolio of student loan debt.
(93824)
54  
  
Ms Karen Buck (Regent's Park and Kensington North):    To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Employment, what progress there has been on tackling truancy and school exclusion since the Social Exclusion Unit's report on Truancy and School Exclusion was published in May 1998.
(93825)
55  
  
Mr David Drew (Stroud):    To ask the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, if there have been any recent cases of spinal cord discovered in imported beef.
(93826)
56  
  
Ms Hazel Blears (Salford):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will make a statement about the future of the NHS Estates Agency.
(93888)
57  
  
Paul Flynn (Newport West):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what proportion of the insulin purchased by the NHS was (a) animal insulin and (b) genetically-engineered human insulin in (i) 1985, (ii) 1986, (iii) 1987 and (iv) 1988.
(93889)
58  
  
Paul Flynn (Newport West):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what advice was given to NHS purchasers with regard to the type of insulin they should purchase by Health Ministers or the Department of Health in the years 1985 to 1988.
(93890)
59  
  
Paul Flynn (Newport West):    To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what advice was given to NHS purchasers with regard to the relative merits of animal and genetically-engineered human insulin by Health Ministers in (a) 1985, (b) 1986, (c) 1987 and (d) 1988.
(93891)
60  
  
Mr Bob Blizzard (Waveney):    To ask the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, what progress his Department has made in meeting the service delivery targets set out in the paper, Commitment to Service.
(93892)
61  
  
Mr Bob Blizzard (Waveney):    To ask the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, when he expects to receive a report from the Veterinary Products Committee on the safety of veterinary medicines other than sheep dips which have an organophosphorus compound as the active ingredient; and if he will make a statement.
(93893)
62  
  
Mr Gordon Prentice (Pendle):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what changes are to be made to the guidelines on the police use of baton rounds.
(93894)
63  
  
Dr Brian Iddon (Bolton South East):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, when he intends to publish the 1988 report on the operation of the Code of Practice on Access to Government Information.
(93895)
64  
  
Mr Ian Stewart (Eccles):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what progress has been made by the Interdepartmental Working Group on Preventing Unsuitable People from Working with Children and Abuse of Trust on the details of their scheme to protect children following their report on 25th January; and if he will make a statement.
(93896)
65  
  
Mr Ian Stewart (Eccles):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what plans he has to amend the Immigration (Places of Detention) Direction 1996; and if he will make a statement.
(93897)
66  
  
Mr Ivan Lewis (Bury South):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, when he will publish his race equality employment targets for ethnic minority staff in the Home Office and its service areas.
(93898)
67  
  
Maria Eagle (Liverpool, Garston):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, if he will make a statement on charging for Home Office travel documents.
(93899)
68  
  
Mr Derek Twigg (Halton):    To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, when he intends to publish the fourth report on the impact of the National Lottery on the horserace betting levy.
(93900)
69  
  
Mr Syd Rapson (Portsmouth North):    To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security, when he intends to introduce the benefit run-on for lone parents starting work; what effect this will have on the housing benefit and council tax benefit extended payments scheme; and if he will make a statement.
(93901)
70  
  
Mr Paul Keetch (Hereford):    To ask the President of the Council, if she will introduce a scheme for honourable Members to visit the Scottish Parliament, Welsh Assembly and Northern Ireland Assembly, in links with visits to the European Parliament; and if she will make a statement.
(93924)
71  
  
Mr Ivor Caplin (Hove):    To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, if he will make a statement on travel on Government business by the Treasury's special advisers.
(93925)
72  
  
Mr Bob Blizzard (Waveney):    To ask the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, pursuant to his Answer to the honourable Member for Waveney of 9th March, Official Report, column 193, on the Cattle Health Scheme, if he will provide an update on the future of the Cattle Health Scheme.
(93926)

 
House of Commons home page Houses of Parliament home page House of Lords home page search page enquiries

© Parliamentary copyright 1999
Prepared 27 July 1999