Letter to the Clerk of the Committee from
Enterprise rent-a-car (IT 176)
Apologies for the delay in replying to your
questions, please find the information requested.
1. How many Car Hire showrooms are open (a) during
office hours; and (b) outside office hours at major railway stations
in the UK?
A: 5, B: 5.
2. What assessment have you made of the potential
growth of the rail-car hire market and in particular, the demand
from travellers going from large urban centres, notably central
London and collecting cars at some distance from London on Friday
nights and returning them on Sunday night?
3. What do you see as the major obstacles to the
growth of the rail/car hire market?
Trying to get a suitable lease at a train station.
4. What research have you undertaken into its
5. What discussions have you had with train operators
and Rail track about developing this market?
24 December 1998