|Amendments proposed to the Financial Services and Markets Bill, As Amended - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer
183Page 241, line 23 [Schedule 17], at end insert
Dr Vincent Cable
2Page 241, line 24 [Schedule 17], column 3, at beginning insert 'Section 13 (8).'.
Dr Vincent Cable
3Page 241, line 24 [Schedule 17], column 3, at end insert 'Schedule 7.'.
FINANCIAL SERVICES AND MARKETS BILL (PROGRAMME)
Timetable1.(1) Remaining proceedings on Consideration and proceedings on Third Reading shall be completed at today's sitting.
(2) Proceedings on Consideration shall, if not previously concluded, be brought to a conclusion at Nine o'clock.
(3) Subject to sub-paragraph (2), each part of proceedings on Consideration shall, if not previously concluded, be brought to a conclusion at the time specified in the second column of the Table.
(4) Proceedings on Third Reading shall, if not previously concluded, be brought to a conclusion at Ten o'clock.
Questions to be put2.(1) For the purposes of bringing any proceedings to a conclusion in accordance with paragraph 1 the Speaker shall forthwith put the following Questions (but no others)
and on a Motion for a new Clause or Schedule, the Speaker shall put only the Question that the Clause or Schedule be added to the Bill.
(2) If two or more Questions would otherwise fall to be put under sub-paragraph (1)(c) on amendments moved or Motions made by a Minister of the Crown, the Speaker shall instead put a single Question in relation to those amendments or Motions.
Miscellaneous3.(1) This paragraph applies if
(2) Proceedings on that Motion shall stand postponed until the conclusion of those proceedings.
4.(1) No Motion shall be made to alter the order in which any proceedings on the Bill are taken.
(2) No dilatory Motion with respect to, or in the course of, proceedings to which this Order applies shall be made except by a Minister of the Crown; and the Question on any such Motion shall be put forthwith.
(3) No debate shall be permitted on any Motion to recommit the Bill (whether as a whole or otherwise), and the Speaker shall put forthwith any Question necessary to dispose of the Motion, including the Question on any Amendment.
5. Standing Order No. 82 (Business Committee) shall not apply to this Order.
6. Standing Order No. 15(1) (Exempted business) shall apply to the proceedings to which this Order applies.
7. Proceedings to which this Order applies shall not be interrupted under any Standing Order relating to the sittings of the House.
Supplemental orders8.(1) If any motion is made by a Minister of the Crown to amend this Order so as to provide a greater amount of time for proceedings on the Bill under paragraph 1 of this Order, the Question thereon shall be put forthwith and may be decided, though opposed, at any hour.
(2) If any Motion is made by a Minister of the Crown to supplement the provisions of this Order in respect of proceedings on any Lords Amendments or any subsequent message from the Lords relating to the Bill, such Motion may be proceeded with, though opposed, at any hour and the proceedings shall, if not previously concluded, be brought to a conclusion three quarters of an hour after they have been commenced.
(3) If at any day's sitting the House is adjourned, or if the sitting is suspended, before the time at which any proceedings are to be brought to a conclusion under this Order, no notice shall be required of a Motion made at the next sitting by a Minister of the Crown for varying or supplementing the provisions of this Order.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2000||Prepared 9 Feb 2000|