|Amendments proposed to the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Investigatory Powers Commission
Miss Ann Widdecombe
NC6*To move the following Clause:
'.(1) There shall be a body of Commissioners named the Investigatory Powers Commission, consisting of the Investigatory Powers Commissioners.
(2) The Commissioner under section 8 of the Interception of Communications Act 1985, the Security Service Act Commissioner, the Intelligence Services Act Commissioner, the Chief Surveillance Commissioner and the ordinary Surveillance Commissioners shall each henceforth be known as Investigatory Powers Commissioners.
(3) The Secretary of State may by order provide for the discharge under the general direction of the Commission of any of the functions of one Commissioner by any Commissioners.
(4) The Secretary of State shall appoint one of the Commissioners to be chairman of the Commission.
(5) The Secretary of State may by order amend subsection (2) insofar as it regulates the number of Commissioners.
(6) Schedule (Investigatory Powers Commission) shall have effect with respect to the Commission.
(7) No order shall be made under this section unless a draft of it has been laid before Parliament and approved by a resolution of each House.'.
Miss Ann Widdecombe
NS1*To move the following Schedule:
Investigatory Powers Commission1. The Investigating Powers Commision may appoint such officers and servants as they think fit, including investigating officers, subject to the approval of the Secretary of State as to numbers and as to remuneration and other terms and conditions of service.
2. Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Commission may make arrangements for the regulation of their business.
3. The arrangements may, with the approval of the Secretary of State provide for the discharge under the general direction of the Commission of any of the Commission's functions by any Commissioner.
4. Anything done by a Commissioner shall have the same effect as if done by the Commission.'.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2000||Prepared 4 Apr 2000|