|Amendments proposed to the Freedom of Information Bill, As Amended - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Power to remove exemptions by order
Dr Tony Wright
NC5To move the following Clause:
'.(1) The Secretary of State may by order provide that
(2) An order under this section may make different provision for different cases.
(3) No order shall be made under this section unless a draft of the order has been laid before, and approved by a resolution of, each House of Parliament.'.
Information already disclosed
Mr Richard Shepherd
NC7To move the following Clause:
'.(1) Information is not exempt information if it is substantially similar to any disclosed information.
(2) In this section "disclosed information" means any information which has been lawfully disclosed in accordance with the provisions of any statutory or other scheme requiring or authorising the disclosure of information within any administration in the United Kingdom, but does not include personal data relating to the individual to whom it was disclosed.
(3) In this section "administration in the United Kingdom" has the same meaning as in section 26.'.
Extension of meaning of "data subject"
Miss Ann Widdecombe
NC8*To move the following Clause:
'.(1) Section 1 of the Data Protection Act 1998 (basic interpretative provisions) is amended in accordance with subsections (2) and (3).
(2) In the definition of "data subject", after the word "individual" there is inserted 'or company'.
(3) The definition of "personal data" is omitted and the following words are inserted
"personal data" means data which relate to
where the individual or the company can be identified from those data, or from those data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of, the data controller, and includes any expression of opinion about the individual the individual or company and any indication of the intentions of the data controller or any other person in respect of the individual.'.
Notification of third parties
Miss Ann Widdecombe
NC9*To move the following Clause:
'.(1) Where a request for information is received by a public authority and that information relates to a third party's commercial interests the public authority shall
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1)
(3) Where, after due regard has been given to any representation made in accordance with subsection (1), a public authority is to any extent not relying on a claim that information is exempt information in reaching its decision, the public authority must, without delay, give the third party a notice which
Mr Robert Maclennan
36Title, line 3, after '1998' insert ', the Official Secrets Act 1989'.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2000||Prepared 30 Mar 2000|