NATIONAL SOCIAL FUND SUMMARY STATISTICS 1999-2000
|Regulated Social Fund
||Discretionary Social Fund
|Applications received (000)||203
|Awards as % of decisions||84
|Gross Expenditure £m||17
|Net Expenditure £m||17
|Average Award £||101
|MP = Maternity Payment||CCG = Community Care Grant
|FP = Funeral Payment||BL = Budgeting Loan
|CWP = Cold Weather Payment||CL = Crisis Loan
|N/A = not applicable||
1. There is no requirement to claim Cold Weather Payments.
2. This table includes 35,000 awards amounting to approximately
£14 million made under the previous budgeting loan scheme
3. The difference between applications received, decisions,
awards, and refusals, is due to applications being withdrawn;
applicants not responding to loan offers; and, not decided at
the time the count was made.
4. The number of discretionary awards made after review
are not included in the table. However, if awards were counted
this way then the percentage of decisions resulting in an award
would be: Community Care Grants (42%), Budgeting Loans (61%) and
Crisis Loans (73%).
5. Figures and percentages may not sum due to rounding.
6. Average MP awards exceed £100 because of multiple