Letter to Mrs Marilyn A Hall JP from the
Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards
You may be aware that I am engaged in an investigation
into allegations that Mr Vaz received donations which he omitted
to enter in the Register of Members Interests.
Mr Alan Gratix has provided me with information
about donations which were made to a premises fund from 1995.
Mr Gratrix tells me that you were the treasurer of the constituency
party during the period and would have been responsible for the
accounts of the Premises Fund. (It may be this was the 50/100/200
In order that I may decide whether any or some
of these allegations are supported by any evidenced, please would
you let me know the following:
1. The reason why the Premises Fund was established?
(If so was it the same fund as the 50/100/100 Club, please let
2. The dates during which it operated?
3. The purposes on which the money was to
4. The names and dates of the donors to the
fund or funds?
5. The dates, if any, on which Mr B Attwal
made donations to the Premises Fund or the 50/100/200 Club and
if so the amounts he donated?
6. The name and numbers of the bank a count
into which any donations of these funds were paid and the dates
the bank account were operational.
7. Who were the signatories to the accounts?
8. Details of expenditure from these accounts
from 1995 onwards. (Please provide copies of the accounts to support
I am sorry to have to bother you for this information
and if you would prefer to speak to me about the matter in the
first instance do not hesitate to telephone me.
6 November 2000