E-mail to Mr Kevin Maxwell
from the Parliamentary Commissioner for
Thank you for your helpful reply to my letter of
April 2nd 2001 and offer of further assistance with my enquiry.
Please would you let me know the following:
1. Who attended the C&S Board meeting on
7th December 1990?
2. Where was it held?
3. What discussion took place at any time on
7 December concerning payment to Geoffrey Robinson for his services,
or the services provided by TransTec, to any other company?
4. What sorts of payments were you and Michael
Stoney able to make in 1990 without the agreement of the late
Mr Robert Maxwell?
5. Did you or you and Mr Stoney ever make any
such payment to Mr Robinson or to TransTec, either without authorization
from the late Mr Maxwell or with this authorization?
6. You say you now believe that Pergamon made
the payment and that the invoice and handwritten annotations are
Do you now recall signing the cheque in question?
Who else other than you was authorized to sign that
particular cheque (00 1751)?
Who do you believe signed the cheque in question?
3 April 2001