By 31 March 2001 the operators will have:
1. Developed, with other stakeholders, clear
standards and procedures to deliver significantly improved consultation
with local communities.
2. Participated in obligatory pre-rollout
and pre-application consultation with local planning authorities.
3. Published clear, transparent and accountable
criteria and cross-industry agreement on site sharing, against
which progress will be published regularly.
4. Established professional development
workshops on technological developments within telecommunications
for local authority officers and elected members.
5. Delivered, with the Government, a database
of information available to the public on radio base stations.
6. Assessed all radio base stations for
international (ICNIRP) compliance for public exposure, and produced
a programme for ICNIRP compliance for all radio base stations
as recommended by the Independent Expert Group on Mobile Phones.
7. Provided, as part of planning applications
for radio base stations, a certification of compliance with ICNIRP
public exposure guidelines.
8. Provided specific staff resources to
respond to complaints and enquiries about radio base stations,
within 10 working days.
9. Begun financially supporting the Government's
independent scientific research programme on mobile communications
10. Developed standard supporting documentation
for all planning submissions whether full planning or prior approval.