|Amendments proposed to the Nationality, Immigration And Asylum Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Consultation on data collection
NC16To move the following Clause:
'(1) Before issuing the code referred to in sections 97 and 98, the Secretary of State must
(3) The Secretary of State may from time to time revise the whole or any part of the code and issue the code as revised.
(4) Subsection (3) also applies to any revision, or proposed revision, of the code.'.
Disclosure of information: duty to inform
NC17To move the following Clause
'(1) Where information is provided pursuant to sections 100, 101, 104, 105 and 106 the person must be informed at the same time by the provider of the information that information has been disclosed.
(2) The person must be given the opportunity to challenge the accuracy of any information provided.'.
Documentation centre for country of origin information
Mr Humfrey Malins
NC21*To move the following Clause:
'.(1) The Secretary of State shall establish by order a documentation centre to provide country of origin information for use in the determination of asylum applications.
(2) The order providing for the establishment of the documentation centre shall also make provision which is calculated to ensure that responsibility for the functioning of the documentation centre will rest with a person or persons who is or are independent of the Secretary of State.
(3) The Secretary of State shall not make an order under this section unless a draft of the order has been laid before Parliament and approved by a resolution of each House.
(4) In particular, the Secretary of State may provide financial support to an organisation in the United Kingdom to enable that organisation to assume the function of a documentation centre.'.
EXTRACT FROM ORDER OF THE HOUSE [24TH APRIL]
Proceedings in Standing Committee(3) Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 16th May.
(4) The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
ORDER OF THE HOUSE [9TH MAY]That the Order of 24th April (Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Bill (Programme)) be amended by the substitution in paragraph (3) (proceedings in Standing Committee) of the words 'Tuesday 21st May' for the words 'Thursday 16th May'.
ORDER OF THE COMMITTEE [30TH APRIL]That
ORDER OF THE COMMITTEE [9TH MAY]That in the Order of the Committee of 30th April 2002 relating to programming, the following shall be substituted for the entries in the Table for the 2nd to 8th sittings
|©Parliamentary copyright 2002||Prepared 16 May 2002|