|Amendments proposed to the Regional Assemblies (preparations) Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
22Clause 13, page 7, line 24, leave out paragraph (e).
23Clause 13, page 7, line 24, leave out 'issued' and insert 'published'.
REMAINING NEW CLAUSESFurther referendum on petition
NC1To move the following Clause:
'(1) This section applies if an elected assembly for a region has been established pursuant to a referendum held under subsection (1).
(2) The Secretary of State shall by order cause a further referendum to be held in a region specified in the order if he is presented with a petition requesting such a referendum signed by not less than 5 per cent. of the electors eligible to vote in the region as defined in section 3(1).
(3) The question to be asked in a referendum held pursuant to an order under subsection (2) above is the question set out in section 2(1).'.
Assistance for designated organisations
NC2*To move the following Clause:
'(1) This section applies where the Electoral Commission has made any designations under section 108 of the 2000 Act in respect of a referendum held pursuant to section 1.
(2) The amount designated in subsection 110(2) of the 2000 Act shall, for the purposes of any grant made in connection with a referendum held pursuant to section 1, be £600,000 divided by the population of the United Kingdom, the resultant multiplied by the population of the region in which the referendum is to be held.'.
ORDER OF THE HOUSE (26th NOVEMBER 2002)REGIONAL ASSEMBLIES (PREPARATIONS) BILL (PROGRAMME)
That the following provisions shall apply to the Regional Assemblies (Preparations) Bill
Committal1. Clauses 1 to 4 of the Bill shall be committed to a Committee of the whole House.
2. The remainder of the Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
Programming of proceedings3. All proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of Lords Amendments or on any further message from the Lords) may be programmed.
Proceedings4. Proceedings in Committee of the whole House shall be completed in one day.
5. (1) Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 19th December 2002.
(2)The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
6. When the provisions of the Bill considered, respectively, by the Committee of the whole House and by the Standing Committee, have been reported to the House, the Bill shall be proceeded with as if it had been reported as a whole to the House from the Standing Committee.
Consideration and Third Reading7. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
8. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on the day on which proceedings on consideration are commenced.
9. Sessional Order B (programming committees) made on 28th June 2001 shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2002||Prepared 29 Nov 2002|