House of Commons
Publications on the internet
Index of Amendments
Amendment Paper as at
|(a)||invite all local authorities in England to submit to him proposals for the creation of regions for the purposes of this Act; and|
|(b)||invite such other persons and bodies as appear to him to represent relevant interests throughout England to submit to him proposals for the creation of regions for the purposes of this Act; and|
|(c)||upon receipt of submissions in response to paragraphs (a) and (b) invite the Electoral Commission to comment on the submissions and to make proposals to the Secretary of State for the creation of regions for the purposes of this Act having regard to|
|(i)||the desirability of all regions being of approximately equal size; and|
|(ii)||the need to reflect the identities and interests of local communities; and|
|(d)||publish the proposals made to him by the Electoral Commission under paragraph (c); and|
|(e)||make an order creating regions for the purposes of this Act, having regard to the proposals published under paragraph (d).|
ORDER OF THE HOUSE (26th NOVEMBER 2002)REGIONAL ASSEMBLIES (PREPARATIONS) BILL (PROGRAMME)
That the following provisions shall apply to the Regional Assemblies (Preparations) Bill
Committal1. Clauses 1 to 4 of the Bill shall be committed to a Committee of the whole House.
2. The remainder of the Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
Programming of proceedings3. All proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of Lords Amendments or on any further message from the Lords) may be programmed.
Proceedings4. Proceedings in Committee of the whole House shall be completed in one day.
5. (1) Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 19th December 2002.
(2)The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
6. When the provisions of the Bill considered, respectively, by the Committee of the whole House and by the Standing Committee, have been reported to the House, the Bill shall be proceeded with as if it had been reported as a whole to the House from the Standing Committee.
Consideration and Third Reading7. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
8. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on the day on which proceedings on consideration are commenced.
9. Sessional Order B (programming committees) made on 28th June 2001 shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
(1) during proceedings on the Regional Assemblies (Preparations) Bill (except Clauses Nos. 1 to 4) the Standing Committee do meet on Tuesdays at half-past Ten o'clock and at half-past Four o'clock and on Thursdays at five minutes to Nine o'clock and at half-past Two o'clock, except that the Committee shall not meet on Thursday 5th December 2002;
(2) 10 sittings in all shall be allotted to the consideration of the Bill by the Committee;
(3) the proceedings shall be taken in the following order, namely
(4) the Committee shall report the Bill (except Clauses Nos. 1 to 4) to the House not later than Thursday 19th December 2002.
[Sessional Order C(9) relating to Programming (28th June 2001, as renewed on 29th October 2002).].
|©Parliamentary copyright 2002||Prepared 19 Dec 2002|