|Amendments proposed to the Railways and Transport Safety Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Railway security services|
Mr John Spellar
NC20To move the following Clause:
(1) In this section "railway security service" means a process or activity carried out for the purpose of
(3) The regulations may
Development of rural road hierarchy
Mr Tim Collins
NC21*To move the following Clause:
'(1) There shall be a new classification of speed limits for rural roads to be known as a Rural Road Hierarchy.
(2) The hierarchy will set maximum speed limits for different road types, and include speed limits no higher than
(4) Local transport authorities shall have the power under this section to review any restricted and unrestricted non-urban road or roads for which they are the traffic authority and reclassify them as part of the rural road hierarchy.
(5) Local transport authorities may amend the existing speed limit for a road or roads within that classification, taking into account guidance issued by the Secretary of State.
(6) As soon as is practicable and no later than six months after the coming into force of this Act the Secretary of State shall issue guidance as to the way in which a transport authority shall exercise its powers in developing a rural road hierarchy.
(7) Guidance under this section shall include guidance on
ORDER OF THE COMMITTEE [4TH FEBRUARY]That
(1) during proceedings on the Railways and Transport Safety Bill the Standing Committee shall meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8.55 a.m. and 2.30 p.m.;
(2) 18 sittings shall be allotted to the consideration of the Bill in Committee;
(3) the proceedings shall be taken in the order specified in the Table below;
(4) the proceedings specified in the first column of the Table shall be brought to a conclusion (unless already concluded) at the time specified in the second column of the Table.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2003||Prepared 25 Feb 2003|