|Amendments proposed to the Police (Northern Ireland) Bill [Lords] - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Mr David Trimble
106Clause 24, page 17, line 17, at end insert
'(2A) No employee of the contractor may be designated as a detention officer or escort officer by the Chief Constable under subsection (2) above if that employee has at any time in Northern Ireland or elsewhere been convicted of a criminal offence for which he could have received a period of imprisonment.'.
Mr Alistair Carmichael
23Clause 24, page 17, line 23, leave out 'adequate' and insert 'full'.
81Clause 28, page 19, line 19, leave out from beginning to 'accordingly' in line 22 and insert 'members of the police support staff
82Clause 28, page 19, line 23, leave out subsection (2).
83Clause 37, page 22, line 35, after 'section', insert [Protected disclosures by police officers](4),'.
84Clause 38, page 22, line 40, after 'repeals', insert 'and revocations'.
85Schedule 3, page 34, line 29, at beginning insert
86Schedule 3, page 34, line 30, at end insert
87Schedule 3, page 34, line 39, at end insert
'2 The revocations in the Employment Rights (Northern Ireland) Order 1996 and the Public Interest Disclosure (Northern Ireland) Order 1998 have effect in accordance with section [Protected disclosures by police offiers](4) above.'.
88Clause 40, page 23, line 5, leave out subsection (2).
ORDER OF THE HOUSE (10TH FEBRUARY 2003)
POLICE (NORTHERN IRELAND) BILL [LORDS] (PROGRAMME)That the following provisions shall apply to the Police (Northern Ireland) Bill [Lords]
Committal1. The Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee
Proceedings in Standing Committee2. Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Tuesday 4th March 2003.
3. The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
Consideration and Third Reading4. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
5. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on the day on which proceedings on consideration are commenced.
6. Sessional Order B (programming committees) made by the House on 28th June 2001 shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
Other proceedings7. Any other proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of any message from the Lords) may be programmed.
ORDER OF THE COMMITTEE (25TH FEBRUARY 2003)That
(1) during proceedings on the Police (Northern Ireland) Bill (Lords) the Standing Committee do meet (in addition to its first meeting on Tuesday 25th February at five minutes to Nine o'clock) on Tuesdays and Thursdays at five minutes to Nine o'clock and at half-past Two o'clock;
(2) Six sittings in all shall be allotted to the consideration of the Bill by the Committee;
(3) the proceedings to be taken on the sittings shall be as shown in the second column of the Table below and shall be taken in the order so shown;
(4) the proceedings which under paragraph (3) are to be taken on any sitting shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the time specified in the third column of the Table;
(5) paragraph (3) does not prevent proceedings being taken (in the order shown in the second column of the Table) at any earlier sitting than that provided for under paragraph (3) if previous proceedings have already been concluded.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2003||Prepared 27 Feb 2003|