|Amendments proposed to the Finance Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Rate of duty on spirits|
Mr Angus Robertson
NC1To move the following Clause:
'.(1) In section 5 of the Alcoholic Liquor Duties Act 1979 (spirits), for "£19.56" there shall be substituted "£18.99".
(2) This section shall come into force on 1st January 2004.'.
R&D tax relief: exploration and appraisal in the North Sea
Mr Alex Salmond
NC2To move the following Clause:
'.Schedule 12 of the Finance Act 2002 (c. 23) is amended by inserting at the end of paragraph 19(1) ", subject to the specific inclusion of oil and gas exploration and appraisal as defined in section 837B of that Act.".'.
ORDER OF THE HOUSE [6th MAY 2003]That the following provisions shall apply to the Finance Bill:
Committal1.(1) Clauses 1, 4, 5, 9, 14, 22, 42, 56, 57, 124, 130 to 135, 138, 139, 148 and 184 and Schedules 5, 6, 19, 21, 22 and 25, and any new Clauses and Schedules tabled by Friday 9th May 2003 relating to excise duty on spirits or R&D tax credits for oil exploration, shall be committed to a Committee of the whole House.
(2) The remainder of the Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
2. Proceedings in Committee of the whole House shall be completed in two days.
3.(1) Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on 12th June 2003.
(2) The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
4. When the provisions of the Bill considered, respectively, by the Committee of the whole House and by the Standing Committee have been reported to the House, the Bill shall be proceeded with as if it had been reported as a whole to the House from the Standing Committee.
Other proceedings5. Any other proceedings on the Bill may be programmed.
ORDER OF THE HOUSE [8th MAY 2003]That the programme order of 6th May 2003 shall be amended by the substitution in paragraph 1(1) (provisions committed to Committee of the whole House) of the words 'Schedules Nos. 5, 6, 19 and 25' for the words 'Schedules Nos. 5, 6, 19, 21, 22 and 25'.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2003||Prepared 13 May 2003|