(5) After subsection (5) add—
“(6) In this section, “publication” includes a publication made available to
the public by means of an electronic retrieval system.”
12 Commencement and extent
(1) The preceding provisions of this Act, except so far as they confer power to
make regulations, come into force in accordance with provision made by the
Secretary of State by order made by statutory instrument.
(2) Different provision may be made for different purposes.
(3) An order under subsection (1) may not be made unless the Secretary of State
has consulted the Scottish Ministers and the National Assembly for Wales.
(4) This Act does not apply to works published before the commencement of
(5) This Act extends to Northern Ireland.
13 Short title
This Act may be cited as the Legal Deposit Libraries Act 2003.