|Amendments proposed to the Housing Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Accessible housing registers
Mr David Kidney
NC25To move the following Clause:
'(1) Each local housing authority shall maintain an accessible housing register.
(2) An accessible housing register means a register of
(3) For the purpose of this section "accessible residential properties" means dwellings, flats and houses in multiple occupation in England and Wales which provide a reasonable means of access and ease for use for disabled people or which may be easily adapted to provide such access and ease of use.
(4) The appropriate national authority may give guidance to local housing authorities about exercising their functions under this section.
(5) A local housing authority shall have regard to any guidance for the time being given under this section.'.
Tenancy Deposit Scheme
Mr Clive Betts
NC26To move the following Clause:
'(1) Where a landlord requires payment of a deposit in relation to any premises occupied as a dwelling under a tenancy, the occupier must pay that deposit into the Deposit Scheme unless subsection (2) applies.
(2) Landlords, or their appointed agents, who are members of national self-regulated bodies that are bonded by insurance schemes approved by the appropriate national authority may request in writing the payment of any deposit lawfully demanded directly to themselves.
(3) Where subsection (2) applies, the occupier must pay the deposit directly to their landlord, upon which the landlord must provide a written receipt.
(4) Any dispute between the landlord and the occupier over the return of the deposit is to be resolved by independent adjudication.
(5) The appropriate national authority may by regulations specify
Amendment of Caravan Sites Act 1968
Mr Hilton Dawson
NC27To move the following Clause:
'(1) The Caravan Sites Act 1968 is amended as follows.
(2) After section 4, there is inserted
Amendment of the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960
Mr Hilton Dawson
NC28To move the following Clause:
'(1) The Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 is amended as follows.
(2) After section 3(6), add
(4) After section 10(1) there is inserted
Amendment of the Mobile Homes Act 1983
Mr Hilton Dawson
NC29To move the following Clause:
'(1) The Mobile Homes Act 1983 is amended as follows.
(2) After section (1) there is inserted
Local authority's right of first refusal
Mr Keith Hill
NC30To move the following Clause:
'(1) After section 36 of the Housing Act 1985 (c.68) insert
(1) This section applies where, on a disposal of a house under section 32, a discount is given to the purchaser by the local authority in accordance with a consent given by the Secretary of State under subsection (2) of that section; but this section does not apply in any such case if the consent so provides.
(2) On the disposal the conveyance, grant or assignment shall contain the following covenant, which shall be binding on the purchaser and his successors in title.
(3) The covenant shall be to the effect that, until the end of the period of ten years beginning with the conveyance, grant or assignment, there will be no relevant disposal which is not an exempted disposal, unless the prescribed conditions have been satisfied in relation to that or a previous such disposal.
(4) In subsection (3) "the prescribed conditions" means such conditions as are prescribed by regulations under this section at the time when the conveyance, grant or assignment is made.
(5) The Secretary of State may by regulations prescribe such conditions as he considers appropriate for and in connection with conferring on
(6) The disposals within this subsection are
(9) Regulations under this section
36B Consideration payable for disposal under section 36A
(1) The consideration for a disposal made in respect of a right of first refusal as mentioned in section 36A(5) shall be such amount as may be agreed between the parties, or determined by the district valuer, as being the amount which is to be taken to be the value of the house at the time when the offer is made (as determined in accordance with regulations under that section).
(2) That value shall be taken to be the price which, at that time, the interest to be reconveyed, conveyed, surrendered or assigned would realise if sold on the open market by a willing vendor, on the assumption that any liability under the covenant required by section 35 (repayment of discount on early disposal) would be discharged by the vendor.
(3) If the offer is accepted in accordance with regulations under section 36A, no payment shall be required in pursuance of any such covenant as is mentioned in subsection (2), but the consideration shall be reduced, subject to subsection (4), by such amount (if any) as, on a disposal made at the time the offer was made, being a relevant disposal which is not an exempted disposal, would fall to be paid under that covenant.
(4) Where there is a charge on the house having priority over the charge to secure payment of the sum due under the covenant mentioned in subsection (2), the consideration shall not be reduced under subsection (3) below the amount necessary to discharge the outstanding sum secured by the first-mentioned charge at the date of the offer (as determined in accordance with regulations under section 36A)."
(2) In section 33(2) of the Housing Act 1985 (c.68) (covenants and conditions which may be imposed), after "But" insert ", subject to sections 36A and 37,".
(3) In section 37(1) of that Act (restriction on disposal of dwelling-houses in National Parks etc.), after "restriction on assignment)" insert "or a covenant as mentioned in section 36A(3) (right of first refusal for local authority)".
(4) In section 41 of that Act (exempted disposals which end liability under covenants), after paragraph (a) insert