|Amendments proposed to the Housing Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
REMAINING NEW CLAUSESEmployment agents (gangmasters)
Mr John Hayes
NC50To move the following Clause:
'(1) "Gangmaster" is defined as a person who engages (whether directly, or through his workers or agents) in the supply of an individual ("gang worker") to do work particularly in either
(3) Any gangmaster who is a landlord or who has any commercial connection to the provision of housing for migrant workers, or any associated landlord who is engaged in the provision of accommodation of migrant workers must register details of the workers' circumstances with the housing authority to include
Legal condition report
Mr John Hayes
NC51To move the following clause:
'(1) Regulations under section 133 may make the provision mentioned in this section in relation to any description of documents dealing with matters mentioned in section 133(5)(a), (b) or (c) which are to be included in the home information pack.
(2) In this section "legal condition report" means a document of that description.
(3) The regulations may require a legal condition report to be made by an individual who is a member of an approved professional body following an inspection carried out by him of the documents prescribed relating to sub sections 133(5)(a), (b) or (c).
(4) The regulations shall, if the provision mentioned in subsection (3) is made, make provision for the approval by the Secretary of State of one or more professional bodies.
(5) The regulations shall require the Secretary of State to be satisfied, before approving a professional body, that the organisation has in place appropriate provision
(7) Nothing in this section limits the powers under section 133 to make provision about legal condition reports in the regulations'.
Mr Keith Hill
465Title, line 4, after 'buy;' , insert 'to make provision about mobile homes;'.
ORDER OF THE HOUSE [12TH JANUARY 2004]That the following provisions shall apply to the Housing Bill:
Committal1. The Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
Proceedings in Standing Committee2. Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Tuesday 24th February 2004.
3. The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
Consideration and Third Reading4. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
5. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on that day.
6. Sessional Order B (programming committees) made on 28th June 2001 shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
Other proceedings7. Any other proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of Lords Amendments or on any further Message from the Lords) may be programmed.
ORDERS OF THE COMMITTEE [20th JANUARY, 3rd FEBRUARY
|Proceedings||Time for conclusion of proceedings|
|Clauses 1 to 16, Schedule 1, Clauses 17 to 25, Schedule 2, Clauses 26 to 29, Schedule 3, Clauses 30 to 43 and new Clauses and new Schedules relating to Part 1||11.25 a.m. on Thursday 22nd January|
|Clause 44, Clause 191, Schedule 9, Clauses 192 to 195, Clauses 45 to 56, Schedule 4, Clauses 57 to 60, Schedule 5, Clauses 61 to 65 and new Clauses and new Schedules relating to Part 2||6.55 p.m. on Tuesday 27th January|
|Clauses 66 to 85 and new Clauses and new Schedules relating to Part 3||5.55 p.m. on Thursday 29th January|
|Clauses 86 to 105, Schedule 6, Clauses 106 to 119 and new Clauses and new Schedules relating to Part 4||6.55 p.m. on Tuesday 3rd February|
|Clauses 120 to 137, Schedule 7, Clauses 138 to 145 and new Clauses and new Schedules relating to Part 5||6.55 p.m. on Tuesday 10th February|
|Clauses 147 to 154, Clauses 158 to 164, Clause 146, Clauses 155 to 157, Clauses 165 to 169, Schedule 8 and new Clauses and new Schedules relating to Part 6, Clauses 170 to 190, Clauses 196 to 199, Schedule 10, Clause 200, Schedule 11, Clauses 201 to 204 and new Clauses and new Schedules relating to Part 7 and remaining proceedings on the Bill||6.55 p.m. on Tuesday 24th February|
|©Parliamentary copyright 2004||Prepared 24 Feb 2004|