|Amendments proposed to the Traffic Management Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Mr Greg Knight
NC26To move the following Clause:
'(1) Parliament Square shall be deemed to be a strategic road for the purposes of section 56(1) of this Act.
(2) No change in the designation of Parliament Square under subsection (1) nor reduction in vehicular carriageway width nor change in traffic-flows shall be made unless approved by a Resolution of each House of Parliament.'.
ORDER OF THE HOUSE [5TH JANUARY 2004]That the following provisions shall apply to the Traffic Management Bill:
Committal1. The Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
Proceedings in Standing Committee2. Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 12th February.
3. The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
Consideration and Third Reading4. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
5. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on that day.
6. Sessional Order B (programming committees) made on 28th June 2001 shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
Other proceedings7. Any other proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of Lords Amendments or on any further message from the Lords) may be programmed.
ORDER OF THE COMMITTEE [27th JANUARY 2004]That (1) during proceedings on the Traffic Management Bill the Standing Committee shall meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9.25 a.m. and 2.30 p.m.;
(2) the proceedings shall be taken in the following order, namely Clauses 1 to 39, Schedule 1, Clause 40, Schedules 2 and 3, Clauses 41 to 50, Schedule 4, Clauses 51 to 60, Schedules 5 and 6, Clauses 61 to 69, Schedule 7, Clause 70, Schedule 8, Clauses 71 to 73, Schedule 9, Clauses 74 to 80, Schedule 10, Clauses 81 to 86, Schedules 11 and 12, Clauses 87 to 93, new Clauses, new Schedules;
(3) the proceedings shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at 5.30 p.m. on Thursday 12th February.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2004||Prepared 29 Jan 2004|