|Amendments proposed to the Energy Bill [Lords] - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Recovery of gas charges etc.|
NC24To move the following Clause:
'For paragraph 7 of Schedule 2B (recovery of gas charges etc.) of the Gas Act 1986 substitute
"7(1) Where a consumer has not, within the requisite period, paid all charges due in respect of the supply of gas to the consumer's premises, or to any premises previously owned or occupied by him, the relevant supplier may make arrangements to obtain payment for ongoing consumption and for the recovery of debt through one of the following mechanisms
(2) The power of a supplier under sub-paragraph (1) to install a prepayment meter may not be exercised
(3) In this paragraph the 'requisite period' means a period of 28 days after the supplier has made a demand in writing for payment of charges due.".'.
ORDER OF THE HOUSE [10th MAY 2004]That the following provisions shall apply to the Energy Bill [Lords]:
Committal1. The Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
Proceedings in Standing Committee2. Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on 24th June 2004.
3. The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
Consideration and Third Reading4. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
5. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on the day on which proceedings on consideration are commenced.
6. Sessional Order B (programming committees) made on 28th June 2001 shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
Other proceedings7. Any other proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of Lords Amendments or on any further message from the Lords) may be programmed.
ORDER OF THE COMMITTEE [20th MAY 2004, as amended on 27th May 2004]That (1) during proceedings on the Energy Bill [Lords] the Standing Committee shall (in addition to its first meeting at 8.55 am on 20th May) meet
(2) the proceedings shall be taken in the order shown in the first column of the following Table and shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the time specified in the second column of the Table.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2004||Prepared 22 Jun 2004|