|Amendments proposed to the Consumer Credit Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Liability of debtor on termination of hire-purchase etc. agreement|
Mr Laurence Robertson
NC4To move the following Clause:
NC5To move the following Clause:
'(1) The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) will report to the Secretary of State and to Parliament annually on the impact of its monitoring of businesses being carried on under licences and its determinations to issue, renew or vary a licence under the provisions of this Act.
(2) The Secretary of State will after a period of no more than five years, consult on and publish an assessment of the impact the Act has had in terms of regulatory burden and harmonisation with European Directives.'.
Office of Fair Trading: further duties
NC6To move the following Clause:
'(1) The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) shall consult other financial agencies and produce a standard requirement for the presentation of interest rates to enable direct comparison between products.
(2) The OFT shall periodically, and at least annually, publish the range of interest rates on the market for specified products.
(3) The OFT shall further publish court rulings and advice of the ombudsman on levels of interest rates for particular products which are likely to be deemed unfair under section 19.'.
ORDER OF THE HOUSE [13th January 2005]That the following provisions shall apply to the Consumer Credit Bill:
Committal1. The Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee
Proceedings in Standing Committee2. Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 3rd February 2005.
3. The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
Consideration and Third Reading4. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
5. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on that day.
Programming Committee6. Standing Order No. 83B (Programming committees) shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
Programming of proceedings7. Any other proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of Lords Amendments or on any further messages from the Lords) may be programmed.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2005||Prepared 25 Jan 2005|