House of Commons
Publications on the internet
Index of Amendments
Amendment Paper as at
|(a)||consultation on the terms of reference;|
|(b)||estimated costs at the commencement of an inquiry;|
|(c)||estimated duration at the commencement of an inquiry.'.|
Mr Christopher Leslie
41Clause 54, page 26, line 9, leave out subsection (2).
Mrs Anne Campbell
NC1To move the following Clause:
'(1) Where it has been resolved by both Houses of Parliament that it is expedient that an inquiry should be held under this Act into a matter described in the Resolution as of public importance, the inquiry shall be held in accordance with provision made under subsection (2).
(2) Her Majesty may by Order in Council
|(a)||make provision for the appointment of the chairman and members of the inquiry panel,|
|(b)||prescribe the terms of reference of the inquiry,|
|(c)||make such other provision in respect of the setting-up date and for other purposes as appears necessary or expedient, and|
|(d)||make such modifications and adaptations of this Act as may appear necessary or expedient for the purpose of giving effect to the Resolution.|
(4) Sections 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 shall not apply to an inquiry held under this section.'.
Committal1. The Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
Proceedings in Standing Committee2. Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 24th March 2005.
3. The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
Consideration and Third Reading4. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
5. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on that day.
Programming Committee6. Standing Order No. 83B (Programming committees) shall not apply to the proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
Other Proceedings7. Any other proceeding on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of any message from the Lords) may be programmed.
(1) during proceedings on the Inquiries Bill [Lords] the Standing Committee shall, in addition to its first meeting on Tuesday 22nd March at 9.25 am, meet
|(a)||on Tuesday 22nd March at 2.30 pm;|
|(b)||on Thursday 24th at 9.25 am and 2.30 pm;|
(3) the proceedings shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at 5.30 pm on Thursday 24th March.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2005||Prepared 24 Mar 2005|