|Amendments proposed to the Identity Cards Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Reports on the Commissioner's functions|
Mr Alistair Carmichael
NC2To move the following Clause:
'(1) As soon as practicable after the end of each calendar year, the Commissioner must lay before Parliament a report about the carrying out of the Commissioner's functions.
(2) The Commissioner may also, at any other time, lay before Parliament other reports on any matter relating to any of the functions or powers set out in this Act.'.
ORDERS OF THE HOUSE [28th June and 12th July 2005]That the following provisions shall apply to the Identity Cards Bill:
Committal1. The Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
Proceedings in Standing Committee2. Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 21st July 2005.
3. The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
Consideration and Third Reading4. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
5. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on that day.
6. Standing Order No. 83B (Programming committees) shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
Programming of proceedings7. Any other proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of Lords Amendments or on any further messages from the Lords) may be programmed.
ORDERS OF THE COMMITTEE [5th AND 12th JULY 2005]That
(1) during proceedings on the Identity Cards Bill the Standing Committee shall (in addition to its first meeting at 10.30 a.m. on Tuesday 5th July) meet
(3) the proceedings shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the time specified in the second column of the following Table.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2005||Prepared 21 Jul 2005|