|Amendments proposed to the Immigration, Asylum And Nationality Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Mr Tony McNulty
NC8To move the following Clause:
'(1) After section 97 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 (c. 41) (appeals: national security) insert
(1) This section applies where the Secretary of State certifies that the decision to make a deportation order in respect of a person was taken on the grounds that his removal from the United Kingdom would be in the interests of national security.
(2) Where this section applies
(4) The Secretary of State may repeal this section by order.".'.
(2) In section 112 of that Act (regulations, &c.) after subsection (5A) insert
Dr Evan Harris
(a)Line 33, leave out subsection (4).
Information: embarking passengers
Mr Tony McNulty
NC9To move the following Clause:
'(1) Schedule 2 to the Immigration Act 1971 (c. 77) (control on entry, &c.) shall be amended as follows.
(2) In paragraph 3(1) for the words from "and if he is not" to the end substitute
(3) After paragraph 16(1A) insert
Mr Tony McNulty
NC10To move the following Clause:
'(1) Section 141 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (c. 33) (fingerprinting) shall be amended as follows.
(2) In subsection (7)(d) for "arrested under paragraph 17 of Schedule 2 to the 1971 Act;" substitute "detained under paragraph 16of Schedule 2 to the 1971 Act or arrested under paragraph 17 of that Schedule;".
(3) In subsection (8)(d) for "arrest;" substitute "detention or arrest;".
(4) At the end add
ORDERS OF THE HOUSE [5th JULY AND 11th OCTOBER]That the following provisions shall apply to the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Bill:
Committal1. The Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
Proceedings in Standing Committee2. Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 27th October 2005.
3. The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
Consideration and Third Reading4. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
5. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on that day.
6. Standing Order No. 83B (Programming committees) shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
Other Proceedings7. Any other proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of Lords Amendments or on any further message from the Lords) may be programmed.
ORDER OF THE COMMITTEE [18th OCTOBER 2005]That
(1) during proceedings on the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Bill, in addition to its first meeting on Tuesday 18th October at 10.30 a.m., the Standing Committee shall meet on Wednesday 19th October at 4.30 p.m., on Thursday 20th October at 9.00 a.m. and 1.00 p.m., on Tuesday 25th October at 10.30 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. and on Thursday 27th October at 9.00 a.m. and 1.00 p.m.;
(2) the proceedings shall be taken in the order shown below and shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at 5.00 p.m. on Thursday 27th October: Clauses 1 to 10; Schedule 1; Clauses 11 to 44; Schedule 2; Clauses 45 and 46; Schedule 3; Clauses 47 to 49; Remaining proceedings on the Bill.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2005||Prepared 27 Oct 2005|