|Amendments proposed to the Climate Change and Sustainable Energy Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
NC3To move the following Clause:
'(1) It shall be the duty of the Secretary of State to take such steps as he considers appropriate to promote the use of heat produced from renewable sources.
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1), heat produced by any plant is produced from renewable sources to the extent that the plant is fuelled by renewable sources.
(3) The steps which the Secretary of State may take for the purposes of subsection (1) include, in particular, steps for the purpose of promoting
As Amendments to Malcolm Wicks' proposed New Clause ((Renewable heat) (NC3):
(a)*Line 2, at end insert
'(1A) Before taking any such steps the Secretary of State shall satisfy himself as to
(1B) The Secretary of State shall publish in whatever form he sees fit his conclusions reached pursuant to subsection (1A).'.
(b)*Line 11, at end insert
'(3A) The Secretary of State shall lay before Parliament an annual report on
Reports under section 1 of the Sustainable Energy Act 2003: energy efficiency of residential accommodation
Dr Alan Whitehead
NC4To move the following Clause:
'(1) Section 1 of the Sustainable Energy Act 2003 (c.30) (annual reports on progress towards sustainable energy aims) is amended as follows.
(2) In subsection (1)
NC11To move the following Clause:
'(1) Sections 1, (National targets for microgeneration), (National microgeneration targets; modification of section 1 of the Sustainable Energy Act 2003), (Sale of electricity generated by microgeneration: power to modify distribution and supply licences etc), (Exercise of powers under section (Sale of electricity generated by microgeneration: power to modify distribution and supply licences etc)), (Functions of the Gas and Electricity Markets authority in relation to microgeneration), 9, (Renewable heat) and (Adjustment of transmission charges for electricity) come into force at the end of the period of two months beginning with the day on which this Act is passed.
(2) Sections 2, (Reports under section 1 of the Sustainable Energy Act 2003: microgeneration) and (Reports under section 1 of the Sustainable Energy Act 2003: energy efficiency of residential accommodation) come into force on 1st January 2007.'.
Annual reports by Chancellor of the Exchequer
NC12*To move the following Clause:
'(1) The Chancellor of the Exchequer shall each year lay before Parliament a report on the CO2 impact of any fiscal or economic measures to promote energy efficiency and microgeneration introduced by him in the previous five years.
(2) In this section the term "CO2 impact" means the annual reduction or otherwise of emissions of carbon dioxide as a result of each specific measure.'.
Local authorities: power to set up local energy schemes
NC13*To move the following Clause:
'(1) Subject to this section a local authority may establish, or assist in the establishment of, a local energy scheme.
(2) If a local authority is satisfied that a local energy scheme would
(3) Two or more local authorities may jointly establish, or assist in the establishment of, a local energy scheme.
(4) In this section a "local energy scheme" is a scheme which
14Title, line 3, leave out 'introduction of a renewable heat obligation' and insert 'use of heat produced from renewable sources'.
15Title, line 3, after 'obligation' insert 'and the adjustment of transmission charges for electricity'.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2006||Prepared 23 Jan 2006|