|Amendments proposed to the Animal Welfare Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
117Clause 59, page 30, line 32, after 'repealed', insert 'or revoked'.
132Schedule 4, page 42, line 27, at end insert
Mr Ben Bradshaw
143Schedule 4, page 43, line 2, column (2), leave out '"docking"' and insert '"nicking"'.
Mr Ben Bradshaw
144Schedule 4, page 43, line 4, column (2), leave out 'Section' and insert 'Sections 2 and'.
133Schedule 4, page 43, line 37, at end add
Mr Ben Bradshaw
140Clause 60, page 30, line 35, leave out subsection (1).
45Clause 62, page 32, line 5, after 'appoint', insert 'within 3 years following the passage of this Act'.
46Clause 62, page 32, line 8, at end insert 'within 3 years following the passage of this Act'.
NEW CLAUSESProhibition on keeping certain animals
NC1To move the following Clause:
'(1) The appropriate national authority may by regulations prohibit the keeping at
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1) "other premises" means premises of such other type as are prescribed.
(3) Any regulation made under subsection (1) must be for the purposes of securing the welfare of primates.
(4) Regulations made under subsection (1) may include, in particular
NC2To move the following Clause:
'(1) A person commits an offence if he sells an animal in the course of or in connection with a pet fair.
(2) A person commits an offence if he arranges an animal fair or knowingly participates in making, or carrying out, arrangements for a pet fair.
(3) In this section, "pet fair" means an event
(5) For the purposes of this section
Statutory improvement notices
NC3To move the following Clause:
'(1) The appropriate authority may, in lieu of deciding to prosecute or through the use of discretion, issue a person violating any part of this Act with a Statutory Improvement Notice complete with the reasons for the issuing of such a notice and suggestions on how to fulfil the requirements of the notice.
(2) The Statutory Improvement Notice issued under subsection (1) shall require the person to which it is issued to make appropriate changes to ensure the welfare of animals which are in their care.
(3) Under subsection (1), the "appropriate authority" includes
(6) Having issued a statutory improvement notice to a person under subsection (1), the appropriate authority under subsection (3) must offer that person reasonable help in meeting the requirements of that notice.
(7) Nothing in this section prejudices persons or organisations not mentioned in subsection (3) from offering advice to others regarding animal welfare.
(8) Persons issued with a statutory improvement notice under subsection (1) will have 28 days to accept the notice or risk being prosecuted.'.
UK animal welfare enforcement database
NC4To move the following Clause:
'(1) The Secretary of State may, by regulation, establish a UK Animal Welfare Enforcement Database to assist the enforcement of this Act.
(2) A UK Animal Welfare Enforcement Database established under this section shall contain only the following information
(5) The UK Animal Welfare Enforcement Database shall conform with all the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
(6) Before making regulations under subsection (1), the Secretary of State shall seek to consult publicly with all interested parties and make available the details of the evidence given.
(7) After the consultation procedure in subsection (6), the UK Animal Welfare Enforcement Database shall not be established unless a draft of the instrument containing the provisions for establishing the UK Animal Welfare Enforcement Database has been laid before, and approved by a resolution of, each House of Parliament.'.
Recordings of prohibited conduct
NC5To move the following Clause:
'(1) A person comits an offence if, without lawful authority or excuse, he
(4) A person who has matter in his possession through his use of a computer in England and Wales commits an offence under subsection (1)(b) notwithstanding that the matter in question is received from a computer outside England and Wales.'.