|Amendments proposed to the Animal Welfare Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Welfare of gamebird laying stock|
NC15To move the following Clause:
'(1) The person responsible for an animal to which this section applies commits an offence if the animal is kept otherwise than in accordance with this section.
(2) An enclosure in which any pheasant is kept for the purpose of producing eggs must be of a kind which provides a minimum of one square metre of floor surface area per bird.
(3) Pheasants shall only be kept in a laying pen described in subsection (2) for up to a maximum of six months in any one year.
(4) After the laying period, pheasants which are not released into the wild must be moved to a separate enclosure which provides a minimum floor surface area of two square metres per bird.
(5) An enclosure in which any partridge is kept for the purpose of producing eggs must
(7) After the laying period, partridges which are not released into the wild must be moved to a separate enclosure which provides a minimum floor surface area of one square metre per bird.'.
ORDER OF THE HOUSE [10th JANUARY 2006]That the following provisions shall apply to the Animal Welfare Bill:
Committal1. The Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
Proceedings in Committee2. Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 26th January 2006.
3. The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
Consideration and Third Reading4. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
5. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on that day.
6. Standing Order No. 83B (Programming committees) shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
Other proceedings7. Any other proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of Lords Amendments or on any further messages from the Lords) may be programmed.
ORDER OF THE COMMITTEE [17th JANUARY 2006]That
(1) during the proceedings on the Animal Welfare Bill the Standing Committee shall (in addition to its first meeting at 10.30 a.m. on Tuesday 17th January) meet
(3) the proceedings shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at 4.00 p.m. on Thursday 26th January.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2006||Prepared 26 Jan 2006|