House of Commons
Publications on the internet
Index of Amendments
Amendment Paper as at
|'(c)||"international agreement" means any agreement adopted by the International Maritime Organisation.'.|
3Page 2, line 10 [Clause 1], after '(but', insert 'only provided that the act or omission in question was malicious or reckless and'.
4Page 2, line 15 [Clause 1], at end insert 'and in respect of those vessels not part of a flag which has ratified the Protocol.'.
Mr Julian Brazier
Mr Henry Bellingham
2Page 2, line 26 [Clause 1], at end insert
|'(e)||make such provision only in concordance with an international agreement.'.|
5Page 3, line 2 [Clause 2], after 'ships)', insert 'and any subsequent review of Annex VI agreed by the International Maritime Organisation subject to an order in Council laid before and approved by resolution of each House of Parliament.'.
Committal1. The Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
Proceedings in Standing Committee2. Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 9th February 2006.
3. The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
Consideration and Third Reading4. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
5. Proceedings on third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on that day.
6. Standing Order No. 83B (Programming committees) shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
Other proceedings7. Any other proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of Lords Amendments or on any further messages from the Lords) may be programmed.
Mr Secretary Darling
That the Order of 25th January 2006 (Merchant Shipping (Pollution) Bill [Lords] (Porgramme)) be varied as follows:
1. Paragraphs 4 and 5 shall be omitted.
2. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion two hours after the commencement of proceedings on the motion for this Order.
3. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion three hours after the commencement of proceedings on the motion for this Order.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2006||Prepared 7 Mar 2006|