|Charities Bill [Lords] - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Human rights compliance
To move the following Clause:—
‘(1) The Commission shall investigate the activities of a charity where it receives an allegation, substantiated by evidence, that the charity, acting in concert with a government (whether or not a party to the European Convention on Human Rights) has committed an act which, had it been committed by a public authority, would have been inconsistent with a Convention right as defined in the Human Rights Act 1998.
(2) If, following any such investigation, the Commission finds the allegation proven, it shall either, if the charity is registered, strike the charity off the register or exercise its other statutory powers in relation to the charity, its property or assets or its charity trustees, officers or employees.’.
ORDER OF THE HOUSE [26TH JUNE 2006]
That the following provisions shall apply to the Charities Bill [Lords]:
1. The Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
Proceedings in Standing Committee
2. Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 13th July 2006.
3. The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
Consideration and Third Reading
4. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
5. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on that day.
6. Standing Order No. 83B (Programming committees) shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
7. Any other Proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of any message from the Lords) may be programmed.
ORDERS OF THE COMMITTEE [4TH AND 11TH JULY 2006]
(1) during proceedings on the Charities Bill [Lords] the Standing Committee shall (in addition to its first meeting at 10.30 a.m. on Tuesday 4th July) meet—
(a) at 4.00 p.m. on Tuesday 4th July;
(b) at 9.00 a.m. and 1.00 p.m. on Thursday 6th July;
(c) at 10.30 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. on Tuesday 11th July;
(d) at 9.00 a.m. and 1.00 p.m. on Thursday 13th July;
(2) the proceedings shall be taken in the following order: Clauses 1 to 6; Schedules 1 and 2; Clauses 7 and 8; Schedules 3 and 4; Clauses 9 to 12; Schedule 5; Clauses 13 to 30; Schedule 6; Clauses 31 to 34; Schedule 7; Clauses 35 to 74; Schedules 8 to 10; Clauses 75 to 78; new Clauses; new Schedules; remaining proceedings on the Bill;
(3) the proceedings shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at 9.00 p.m. on Thursday 13th July.
|© Parliamentary copyright 2006||Prepared: 13 July 2006|