|Amendments proposed to the Equality Bill [Lords] - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Discrimination on the grounds of gender reassignment|
Dr Evan Harris
NC17To move the following Clause:
96Title, line 4, leave out 'or belief' and insert ', belief or age'.
ORDER OF THE HOUSE [21st November]That the following provisions shall apply to the Equality Bill:
Committal1. The Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
Proceedings in Standing Commitee2. Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 8th December 2005.
3. The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
Consideration and Third Reading4. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
5. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings on consideration are commenced.
6. Standing Order No. 83B (Programming committees) shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
Other proceedings7. Any other proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of Lords Amendments or on any further messages from the Lords) may be programmed.
ORDER OF THE COMMITTEE [29th NOVEMBER 2005]That
(1) during proceedings on the Equality Bill, in addition to its first meeting on Tuesday 29th November at 10.30 a.m., the Standing Committee shall meet on Tuesday 29th November at 4.00 p.m., Thursday 1st December at 8.55 a.m. and 1.00 p.m., Tuesday 6th December at 10.30 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. and Thursday 8th December at 8.55 a.m. and 1.00 p.m.;
(2) the proceedings shall be taken in the order shown below and shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at 4.00 p.m. on Thursday 8th December.Clauses 1 and 2; Schedule 1; Clauses 3 to 31; Schedule 2; Clauses 32 to 40; Schedule 3; Clauses 41 to 89; Schedule 4; Clauses 90 to 93; Remaining proceedings on the Bill.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2005||Prepared 6 Dec 2005|