|Amendments proposed to the Children and Adoption Bill [lords] - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Provision as to family assistance orders|
NC18To move the following Clause:
Presumption of reasonable contact
NC19To move the following Clause:
Reasonable contact: welfare checklist
NC20To move the following Clause:
Risk assessments: screening
NC21To move the following Clause:
'(1) After section 8 of the Children Act 1989 (c. 41) insert
(1) On receipt of any application under section 8 of the court shall direct that the relevant pre-court checks are undertaken to screen for indicators of risk to the child's safety and well-being.
(2) The court may ask an officer of the Service or a Welsh family proceedings officer to undertake any checks for the screening required by subsection (1).
(3) It shall be the duty of an officer of the Service or a Welsh family proceedings officer to comply with a request from the court under subsection (2).
(4) A court shall not make an order under section 8 until it has considered the results of the screening required by subsection (1) and is satisfied that the arrangements will be safe for the child.
(5) Pre-court checks to screen for indicators of risk required by subsection (1) and any subsequent risk assessments under section 16A shall be undertaken in accordance with the Code of Practice issued under section 8B.
8B Code of Practice
(1) The Secretary of State shall prepare, and from time to time revise, a Code of Practice regarding screening for indicators of risk and regarding risk assessment as required by section 16A.
(2) Before preparing the Code of Practice or making any alteration in it the Secretary of State shall consult such bodies as appear to him to be concerned.
(3) The Secretary of State shall lay copies of the Code and of any alteration in the Code before Parliament; and if either House of Parliament passes a resolution requiring the Code or any alteration to be withdrawn the Secretary of State shall withdraw the Code, and where he withdraws the Code, shall prepare a Code in substitution for the Code which was withdrawn.
(4) No resolution shall be passed above in respect of a Code or any alteration after the expiration of the period of 40 days beginning with the day on which a copy of the Code or alteration was laid before that House; but for the purpose of this subsection no account shall be taken of any time during which Parliament is dissolved or prorogued or during which both Houses are adjourned for more than four days.
(5) The Secretary of State shall publish the Code as for the time being in force."'.
Mr David Kidney
NC22To move the following Clause:
Contact orders: meeting with mediator
NC24To move the following Clause:
"8A Contact orders: meeting with mediator
ORDER OF THE COMMITTEE [14TH MARCH 2006]That
(1) during proceedings on the Children and Adoption Bill [Lords] the Standing Committee shall (in addition to its first meeting at 10.30 a.m. on Tuesday 14th March) meet
(3) the proceedings shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at 4.00 p.m. on Thursday 16th March.
|©Parliamentary copyright 2006||Prepared 16 Mar 2006|