House of Commons
Publications on the internet
Bill Home Page
Wednesday 19th July 2006
Consideration of Bill
New Amendments handed in are marked thus *
The Amendments have been arranged in accordance with the Committee for Older People (Wales) Bill [Lords] (Programme) (No. 2) Motion to be proposed by Mr Secretary Hain.
Power of inspection
Mr Greg Knight
* To move the following Clause:—
‘(1) The Commissioner may, for the purposes of a function of the Commissioner under section 3, enter and inspect any premises, other than a private dwelling, in which services are provided to older people in Wales in the discharge of a relevant function by a person mentioned in Schedule 2.
(2) The powers conferred by subsection (1) are exercisable at any reasonable time with or without notice.’.
Mrs Cheryl Gillan
Page 1, line 13 [Clause 2], at end insert—
‘(ca) keep under review the adequacy and effectiveness of provision for those older people who are disabled.’.
Mr Greg Knight
Page 6, line 25 [Clause 9], at
Mr Greg Knight
Page 8, line 25 [Clause 13], at end insert ‘with or without notice.’.
ORDER OF THE HOUSE [15TH JUNE 2006]
That the following provisions shall apply to the Commmisioner for Older People (Wales) Bill [Lords]:
1. The Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
2. The provisio in paragraph (2)(ii) of Standing Order No. 86 (nomination of Standing Committee where a Bill relates exclusively to Wales) shall not apply to the Bill.
Proceedings in Standing Committee
3. Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 29th June 2006.
4. The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
Consideration and Third Reading
5. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
6. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on that day.
7. Standing Order No. 83B (Programming committees) shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
8. Any other Proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of any message from the Lords) may be programmed.
COMMISSIONER FOR OLDER (WALES) BILL [LORDS] (PROGRAMME) (NO. 2)
Mr Secretary Hain
That the Order of 15th June 2006 (Commissioner for Older People (Wales) Bill [Lords] (Programme)) be varied as follows:
1. Paragraphs 5 and 6 of the Order shall be omitted.
2. Proceedings on consideration shall be taken in the following order: new Clauses; new Schedules; Amendments relating to Clause 1, Schedule 1, Clauses 2 and 3, Schedule 2, Clauses 4 to 6, Schedule 3, Clauses 7 to 22, Schedule 4 and Clauses 23 to 30; remaining proceedings on consideration.
3. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion two hours after the commencement of the proceedings on the motion for this Order.
4. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion three hours after the commencement of the proceedings on the motion for this Order.
|© Parliamentary copyright 2006||Prepared: 19 July 2006|