|Amendments proposed to the Police and Justice Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Designation of part 2 territories: omission of United States of America|
NC8*To move the following Clause:
'(1) The Extradition Act 2003 (Designation of Part 2 Territories) Order 2003 (S.I. 2003/3334 is amended as follows.
(2) In the list of territories in paragraph 3(2) "The United States of America" is omitted.'.
Police powers of entry and examination of relevant offender's home address
Sir Paul Beresford
NC9*To move the following Clause:
(1) Upon application by a constable of a relevant force a justice of the peace may grant a warrant authorising him to enter premises named on the warrant if he is satisfied that the conditions in subsection (2) are satisfied and that it is necessary for a warrant to be issued.
(2) The conditions mentioned in subsection (1) are
(4) The power to issue a warrant conferred by this section is in addition to any such power otherwise conferred.
(5) This section does not prejudice any other power of entry, examination, search or seizure.
(6) In this section
Duty on sexual or violent offender to co-operate
Sir Paul Beresford
NC10*To move the following Clause:
(1) A relevant sexual or violent offender shall co-operate with any reasonable steps requested of him by the responsible authority.
(2) 'Reasonable steps' shall:
(4) In this section
Anti-social behaviour orders
NC11*To move the following Clause:
'(1) The Crime and Disorder Act 1998 (c. 37) is amended as follows.
(2) After subsection (9) of section 1 (anti-social behaviour orders), there is inserted
(9D) Except with the consent of the relevant authority, no copy of any report of the review's findings shall be given to the defendant.".'.
31Page 7, line 1, leave out Clause 11.
32Page 7, line 15, leave out Clause 12.
33Page 7 [Clause 12], leave out lines 27 to 32 and insert 'with the object of punishing the offender are limited to conditions that the offender attend a specified place at specified times.
(3AA) In subsection (3A) "specified" means specified by a relevant prosecutor.'.
36Page 7 [Clause 12], leave out lines 37 and 38.
34Page 7, line 38 [Clause 12], at end insert
'(3D) The conditions attached to a conditional caution must not include a financial penalty.'.
35Page 7 [Clause 12], leave out from beginning of line 39 to end of line 31 on page 8.
37Page 8 [Clause 12], leave out lines 12 to 14.
40Page 8 [Clause 13], leave out line 39 and insert
If a relevant prosecutor determines that a person arrested under this section has failed, without reasonable excuse, to comply with any of the conditions attached to the conditional caution, the person arrested may be'.
38Page 9, line 18 [Clause 13], after 'detention', insert 'for up to 12 hours'.
39Page 9, line 31 [Clause 13], at end insert
'(6A) A person who is released following an arrest under this section shall not be re-arrested without warrant for the same suspected failure to comply with a condition attached to a conditional caution.'.
41Page 9, line 31 [Clause 13], at end insert
'(6B) A person arrested under this section may be released on bail (without any variation of the conditions attached to the caution) if further investigations are necessary for the purposes of determining whether he has failed, without reasonable excuse, to comply with any of the conditions attached to the conditional caution.'.
21Page 15, line 14 [Clause 18], leave out ', or is likely to engage,'.
22Page 16, line 7 [Clause 18], leave out ', or
23Page 17, line 11 [Clause 18], at end insert
'(3) The relevant local authority must ensure that the registered social landlord entering into a parenting contract has received adequate training before the contract is entered into.'.
24Page 19, line 3 [Clause 19], at end insert
'(9) The relevant local authority must ensure that the registered social landlord entering into a parenting order has received adequate training before the order is made.'.
25Page 20, line 48 [Clause 20], at end insert
'(11) The relevant local authority must ensure that any person who is specified in an order made under this section, or is of a description so specified in the order, has received adequate training before the contracting out order is made.'.