House of Commons
Publications on the internet
Index of Amendments
Notices of Amendments
given up to and including
Monday 26th June 2006
Consideration of Lords Message
On Consideration of Lords Amendment in lieu to the Electoral Administration Bill
LORDS AMENDMENT NO. 8B
To move, That this House disagrees with the Lords in their Amendment.
ORDER OF THE HOUSE [25TH OCTOBER]
That the following provisions shall apply to the Electoral Administration Bill:
1. The following shall be committed to a Committee of the whole House—
(a) Clauses Nos. 9 to 18;
(b) any new Clauses or new Schedules relating to Part 2 or Part 3 of the Bill;
(c) any new Clauses or new Schedules relating to the procedure to be followed at an election on the death of a candidate;
(d) any new Clauses or new Schedules relating to candidates standing in more than one constituency at an election.
2. The remainder of the Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
Proceedings in Committee
3. Proceedings in Committee of the whole House shall be completed in one day.
4. Those Proceedings shall be taken in the order shown in the first column of the following table and shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the times specified in the second column of that table.
5. Standing Order No. 83B (Programming committees) shall not apply to the proceedings in Committee of the whole House.
Proceedings in Standing Committee
6. Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 24th November.
7. The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
Proceedings after Commmittee
8. When the provisions of the Bill considered respectively by the Committee of the whole House and by the Standing Committee have been reported to the House, the Bill shall be proceeded with as if it had been reported as a whole from the Standing Committee.
Consideration and Third Reading
9. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
10. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on that day.
11. Standing Order No. 83B (Programming committees) shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
Programming of proceedings
12. Any other proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of Lords Amendments or any further messages from the Lords) may be programmed.
|© Parliamentary copyright 2006||Prepared: 27 June 2006|