|Previous Section||Index||Home Page|
Mike Penning: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what estimate he has made of the value of the Royal Navy equipment retained by the Iranian Government following the incident in the Shatt-al-Arab waterway in June 2004; and if he will make a statement. 
Dr. Julian Lewis: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence which of the 65 RN and RFA vessels listed in the letter from the Minister of State (Armed Forces) dated 4 July 2005 as having donated ships' fitted equipment between 1 January 2004 and 31 March 2005 are still without the donated equipment; and what the main items of equipment donated were in each case. 
Mr. Touhig: I refer my hon. Friend to the answers given to the hon. Member for Lichfield (Michael Fabricant) on 1 November 2004, Official Report, column 110W and 4 April 2005, Official Report, column 1104W. The study into the future of Army Training Regiment Lichfield and Whittington Barracks will not now be concluded until February 2006.
Peter Law: To ask the Secretary of State for Wales how he intends to implement Paragraph 3.12 of the White Paper, Better Government for Wales (Cm 6582), in respect of any bill he introduces in the current session of Parliament. 
Mr. Chaytor: To ask the Deputy Prime Minister what proportion of respondents who expressed a view endorsed the proposals made in Question 21 of the consultation exercise conducted in 2004 under Part L of the Building Regulations. 
|Q21: Do you consider the overall level of improvements proposed for existing buildings to be reasonable? (Please comment on factors affecting your view.)|
Mr. Love: To ask the Deputy Prime Minister how many homes have been built as co-operative dwellings in (a) England and (b) Greater London in each year since 1997; and if he will make a statement. 
Information is available only on Co-operative Housing Associations registered with the Housing Corporation and self build housing projects that receive funding from the Housing Corporation. The numbers of completions (including new build, acquisitions and refurbishments) by registered Co-operative Housing Associations are as tabled. The numbers of self build completions with Housing Corporation funding are shown in the second table.
11 Oct 2005 : Column 444W
|(a) England||(b) London|
|(b) London||(a) England|
Yvette Cooper: Projections indicate that work completed and plans in place will take us 90 per cent. of the way towards our target to ensure that all social homes are made decent by 2010. We are now focusing our efforts on delivering decent homes for the remaining 10 per cent.
Yvette Cooper: The number of empty homes in England has fallen by 10 percent. since 1997, although the number remaining empty for longer than six months has remained roughly constant. We will shortly provide local authorities with new powers under the Housing Act 2004 to require owners to bring such properties back into use.
We are currently consulting on the details of the secondary legislation which will be introduced next year. Once in force, local authorities will be ableas part of their plans to tackle housing shortages locallyto serve Empty Dwelling Management Orders on owners of empty properties, enabling homes to be improved and let to those needing rented
11 Oct 2005 : Column 445W
accommodation. Properties will revert to the owners after seven years, or earlier if an authority is satisfied that the owner intends to sell or let the property himself.
In some areas it may be more appropriate to demolish empty properties rather than attempt to bring them back into use, in which case local authorities can be expected to use their existing compulsory purchase powers. This is more likely to be the case in areas of low demand, but even in the nine market pathfinder areas the number of properties to be renovated is likely to exceed the number likely to be demolished by a factor of two.
Mrs. Dorries: To ask the Deputy Prime Minister how many empty homes there have been in (a) the parliamentary constituency of Mid-Bedfordshire and (b) the county of Bedfordshire in each year since 1997. 
Yvette Cooper: Information on empty homes is available at local authority and not parliamentary constituency level. The numbers of empty homes in Bedfordshire by district by each year since 1997 are shown in the following table. These figures come from a combination of data supplied by local authorities on the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister's housing strategy statistical appendix return and the Housing Corporation's regulatory and statistical return. Local authorities will shortly be able to use new powers to bring empty homes back into use.
|Local authority name||1997||1998||1999||2000||2001||2002||2003||2004|
|Next Section||Index||Home Page|