|UK Borders Bill - continued||House of Commons|
|back to previous text|
Annual report by Secretary of State
Mr James Clappison
8 To move the following Clause:—
‘Following consultation with Her Majesty’s Judges, the Secretary of State shall lay before each House of Parliament an annual report on the exercise of his powers in respect of the deportation of criminals.’.
ORDER OF THE HOUSE [5TH JANUARY 2007]
The following provisions shall apply to the UK Borders Bill:
1. The Bill shall be committed to a Public Bill Committee.
Proceedings in Public Bill Committee
2. Proceedings in the Public Bill Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 22nd March 2007.
3. The Public Bill Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
Consideration and Third Reading
4. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
5. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on that day.
6. Standing Order No. 83B (Programming committees) shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
7. Any other proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of Lords Amendments or on any further messages from the Lords) may be programmed.
ORDER OF THE COMMITTEE [27TH FEBRUARY 2007]
(1) the Committee shall (in addition to its first meeting at 10.30 a.m. on Tuesday 27th February) meet—
(a) at 4.30 p.m. on Tuesday 27th February;
(b) at 9.00 a.m. and 1.30 p.m. on Thursday 1st March;
(c) at 10.30 a.m. and 4.30 p.m. on Tuesday 6th March;
(d) at 9.00 a.m. and 2.00 p.m. on Thursday 8th March;
(e) at 10.30 a.m. and 4.30 p.m. on Tuesday 13th March;
(f) at 9.00 a.m. and 2.00 p.m. on Thursday 15th March;
(g) at 10.30 a.m. and 4.30 p.m. on Tuesday 20th March;
(h) at 9.00 a.m. and 2.00 p.m. on Thursday 22nd March;
(2) the Committee shall hear oral evidence in accordance with the following Table;
(3) proceedings on consideration of the Bill in Committee shall be taken in the following order: Clauses 1 to 43; Schedule; Clauses 44 to 46; new Clauses; new Schedules; remaining proceedings on the Bill;
(4) the proceedings shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at 4.30 p.m. on Thursday 22nd March.
|© Parliamentary copyright 2007||Prepared: 1 March 2007|