House of Commons
Publications on the internet
Bill Home Page
Notices of Amendments
given up to and including
Tuesday 8th May 2007
New Amendments handed in are marked thus *
Consideration of Lords Amendments
On Consideration of Lords Amendments to the Justice and Security (Northern Ireland) Bill
LORDS AMENDMENT NO. 3
Mr Secretary Hain
* To move, That this House disagrees with the Lords in their Amendment.
Mr Secretary Hain
To move the following Amendment to the Bill in lieu of the Lords Amendment No. 3:—
* Page 25, line 39, at end insert the following new Clause:—
‘Accredited community-based restorative justice schemes
(1) The Secretary of State shall maintain a register of schemes that appear to him—
(a) to be community-based restorative justice schemes, and
(b) to meet requirements determined and published by him.
(2) The requirements shall include a requirement about cooperation with the Chief Inspector of Criminal Justice in Northern Ireland.
(3) The Secretary of State shall add a scheme to the register if—
(a) a person applies for the scheme to be added, and
(b) the Secretary of State thinks that the scheme is a community-based restorative justice scheme which meets the requirements.
(4) The Secretary of State may remove a scheme from the register if, having considered any report about the scheme made by the Chief Inspector, he thinks that—
(a) it is not a community-based restorative justice scheme, or
(b) it does not meet the requirements.
(5) The Chief Inspector may inspect a scheme which is registered or which is the subject of an application for registration; and—
(a) he shall from time to time make a report to the Secretary of State on inspections carried out by him by virtue of this section, and
(b) section 49(2) to (4) of the
(6) The Secretary of State shall make arrangements for inspection of the register by the public.’.
|© Parliamentary copyright 2007||Prepared: 9 May 2007|