|Previous Section||Index||Home Page|
|Household recipients of pension credit and the amount of pension credit claimed by Scottish constituency in 2005 and 2006|
|Parliamentary constituency||Pension credit household recipients May 2005 (£ million)||Amount of pension credit claimed in 2005 (thousand)||Pension credit household recipients May 2006 (£ million)||Amount of pension credit claimed in 2006 (thousand)|
1. Figures are consistent with the pre-Budget report 2006.
2. The amount claimed figures have been calculated using the average weekly amounts and case loads for November 2003, May 2004, May 2005 and May 2006.
3. Pension credit was introduced on 6 October 2003 and replaced minimum income guarantee (income support for people aged 60 or over). The vast majority of people who were previously in receipt of the minimum income guarantee transferred to pension credit in October 2003.
4. Household recipients are those people who claim pension credit either for themselves only or on behalf of a household.
5. Constituencies are those used for the Westminster Parliament. For the May 2005 general election, the constituencies in Scotland changed.
DWP Work and Pensions Longitudinal Study 100 per cent. data
|Next Section||Index||Home Page|