|Previous Section||Index||Home Page|
|West Bromwich East constituency|
|Household payments made|
1. Figures rounded to the nearest 10.
2. Parliamentary constituencies are assigned by matching postcodes against the relevant ONS postcode directory.
3. Any residence found to have four or more occupants aged 60 and over is not included in the household figures as it is assumed to be a care home.
4. Figures for 2006-07 refer only to the main payment run so they do not include the late payment run figures. We estimate that there are approximately 100,000 people in Great Britain paid in late payment runs (0.8 per cent. of all payments). Since most of the payment runs are to people who are not receiving another benefit from DWP and whose claims had not been received by the qualifying week, most are men aged 60 to 64.
Information directorate 100 per cent. data
Mr. Ruffley: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department how many offenders were found guilty of (a) drunken and disorderly behaviour and (b) drunken and aggravated behaviour in (i) England, (ii) Bury St. Edmunds constituency, (iii) Suffolk, (iv) Bedfordshire, (v) Cambridgeshire, (vi) Essex, (vii) Hertfordshire and (viii) Norfolk in each year since 1997. 
Mr. Coaker: Data from the court proceedings database held by the Office for Criminal Justice Reform showing the number of defendants found guilty at all courts for simple and aggravated drunkenness offences in (i) England, (iii) Suffolk, (iv) Bedfordshire, (v) Cambridgeshire, (vi) Essex, (vii) Hertfordshire, (viii) Norfolk police force area, 1997-2005 can be viewed in the following table.
In addition, under the penalty notice for disorder (PND) scheme, the police can issue a fixed penalty of £80 to a person for being drunk and disorderly. The number of PNDs issued for the offence are also included in the table.
|Number of defendants found guilty at all courts for drunkenness simple and drunkenness aggravated offences in (i) England, (iii) Suffolk, (iv) Bedfordshire, (v) Cambridgeshire, (vi) Essex, (vii) Hertfordshire, (viii) Norfolk police force area,1997-2005( 1,)( )( 2) , and penalty notices for disorder issued in England and Wales, 2004 to 2006( 3)|
|* = figures not applicable, as penalty notices were not introduced until 2004.|
(1) These data are on the principal offence basis.
(2) Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from large administrative data systems generated by the courts, police forces, and other agencies. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when those data are used.
(3) 2006 PND (Penalty Notices for Disorder) data are provisional.
(4) Court proceedings data for 2006 will be available in the autumn of 2007.
RDS Office for Criminal Justice Reform.
|Next Section||Index||Home Page|