Memorandum submitted by the Dental Practitioners Association
on the following issues:
- Government policy on licensing of homoeopathic products
- Government policy on the funding of homoeopathy through the NHS
- the evidence base on homoeopathic products and services
Government Policy On Licensing Of Homoeopathic Products
1. No homoeopathic products should be licensed.
Government Policy On The Funding Of Homoeopathy Through The NHS
2. There should be no funding for homoeopathy through the NHS.
The Evidence Base On Homoeopathic Products And Services
3. As far as we are aware there is no evidence base to support the use of homoeopathic products in dentistry or in the NHS as a whole. Any apparent effects are entirely explainable as the placebo effect.
Derek Watson BDS LDS RCS DGDP
Chief Executive Officer