|Box 2: Examples of local cycle infrastructure
1) Michael Steadþ @MichaelStead: "@CommonsTrans They've added quite a few advanced stop lines in @WiganCouncil. They're also good at maintaining and repairing road surfaces."
2) Mike Prior-Jones þ@mrpj100: "@CommonsTrans Leicester built a nice secure bike park under their Town Hall"
3) Oli Coyle þ@OliCoyle: "@CommonsTrans York has excellent storage and cycle lane accessibility which seems to be well used"
Matt Hoffbrandþ @hoffbrandm: "@CommonsTrans Brighton. they created a full segregated path with the path going behind the bus stop and everything - just like Holland"
4) Jim Taylorþ @JimTaylorNHS: "@CommonsTrans I think the vast increase of dedicated cycle routes around Bristol has been great, particularly concord way"
5) Steve Parrott þ@steveparrott50: "@CommonsTrans at Grimsby we have a dedicated @CycleHubLincs in the town centre. Suits locals & commuters"
6) Shoestring Cycling þ@ShoestringCycle: "@CommonsTrans Cornwall Council fail very badly at cycling infrastructure provision - very patchy, ill-maintained and poorly-designed"
7) Josh Rþ @technicalfault: "@CommonsTrans not Manchester - there are a lot of half-baked ideas, poorly implemented that are then never maintained." "@CommonsTrans e.g. all the segregated cycle lanes put in for the Commonwealth Games are poorly designed and not maintained."
8) Paul Holdsworthþ @pual9: "@CommonsTrans @CTC_Cyclists Cumbria County Council - refuses to accept that ultra-narrow cycle lanes on 60mph A roads are unsafe (viz A591)."
9) Craig S þ@_CraigS: "@CommonsTrans Dartford have a hilarious 1 metre long cycle lane on London Road right before a Cyclists Dismount sign"
10) ShapeThePlaceþ @ShapeThePlace: "@CommonsTrans @BoroughofPoole disconnected routes, dangerous junctions & connections badly designed shared paths, focus on car movement."