We asked colleagues in Parliament’s Education Service to conduct surveys of school students aged between 10 and 18 years. The survey was completed in July 2019. In all, 388 school students took part. We have summarised the results below.
We asked the following questions:
1. What do you think about fireworks?
2. Where do you enjoy seeing fireworks?
3. Are fireworks ever kept in your home or garden shed/garage etc.?
4. Fireworks can be very dangerous and should only be used by adults. Have you ever used, played with or carried a firework without an adult?
5. If there are fireworks in your home or garden shed/garage, are they locked away?
6. If you have used, played with or carried a firework without an adult, where did you get it from?
Published: 5 November 2019