HOUSE OF LORDS
MINUTES OF PROCEEDINGS
Die Veneris 15° Octobris 1999
The House met at eleven oclock.
PRAYERS were read by the Lord Bishop of Chichester.
1. MacNiven (Her Majestys Inspector of Taxes) (Appellant) v. Westmoreland Investments Limited (Respondents)The petition of the appellant praying that the time for lodging the statement and appendix and setting down the cause for hearing might be extended to 20th October next (the agents for the respondents consenting thereto) was presented; and it was ordered as prayed (lodged 13th October).
2. Command PapersThe following papers were presented to the House by command of Her Majesty and ordered to lie on the Table:
1. DebtExchange of Notes between the United Kingdom and Jordan concerning the United Kingdom/Jordan Debt Rescheduling Agreement (1992) Amendment No. 1 of 1994; (4454)
2. Marine Safety1997 Amendments to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea, 1974, as amended; (4457)
3. Museums and GalleriesReport and Financial Statements for 1998-99 of the Horniman Public Museum and Public Park Trust. ()
3. Religions and international orderIt was moved by the Lord Archbishop of Canterbury that there be laid before the House papers relating to the role of religions in the promotion of international order and the avoidance of international disorder; after debate, the motion was (by leave of the House) withdrawn.
The House was adjourned at twenty-one minutes past four oclock
to Monday next, half-past two oclock.