15 July 2003
By the Select Committee appointed to consider European
Union documents and other matters relating to the European Union.
CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS IN EUROPEAN FOREIGN
1. The Committee asked the Minister for Europe,
Dr Denis MacShane MP, to give evidence on the most recent developments
in European Foreign Policy.
2. In this Report we make available, for the
information of the House, the oral evidence given to us by the
Minister for Europe and Mr Paul Jonston, Head of Security Policy
Department, Foreign and Commonwealth Office on 12 June 2003.
3. Key topics in the evidence are:
- Wider Europe QQ1-5.
- Russia QQ1-2.
- Opinions of Member States Q3.
- Timeframe for policy development QQ4, 5.
- EU mission to the Democratic Republic of Congo
- NATO Q12.
- Bosnia SFOR QQ13.
- France, Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg Summit
- Intergovernmental Conference Q19.
- Middle East QQ20-21.