HOUSE OF LORDS
MINUTES OF PROCEEDINGS
Die Veneris 7° Martii 2003
The House met at eleven oclock.
PRAYERS were read by the Lord Bishop of Rochester.
1. Command PapersThe following papers, having been presented to the House by command of Her Majesty on the dates shown, were ordered to lie on the Table:
1. Cultural PropertyConvention on the Means of Prohibiting and Preventing the Illicit Import, Export and Transfer of Ownership of Cultural Property; (5764)
2. Astronomical ResearchConvention establishing a European Organization for Astronomical Research in the Southern Hemisphere with Financial Protocol; (5767)
3. Competition CommissionA report on the acquisition of Book Data Limited by VNU Entertainment Media U.K. Limited. (5779)
2. Negative InstrumentsThe following instruments were laid before the House and ordered to lie on the Table:
1. (i) Education (Residential Trips) (Prescribed Tax Credits) (England) Regulations 2003 (381)
(ii) Education (School Lunches) (Prescribed Requirements) (England) Order 2003 (382)
(iii) Education (Free School Lunches) (Prescribed Tax Credits) (England) Order 2003 (383)
laid under the Education Act 1996;
2. Social Security (Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit) (Consequential Amendments) Regulations 2003, laid under the Social Security Administration Act 1992 ; (455)
3. Rent Officers (Housing Benefit Functions) Amendment Order 2003, laid under the Housing Act 1996; (478)
4. Commission for Patient and Public Involvement in Health (Functions) Amendment Regulations 2003, laid under the National Health Service Reform and Health Care Professions Act 2002; (497)
5. Patents Act 1977 (Electronic Communications) Order 2003, laid under the Electronic Communications Act 2000; (512)
6. Patents (Electronic Communications) (Amendment) Rules 2003, laid under the Patents Act 1977; (513)
7. Care Homes (Amendment) Regulations 2003, laid under the Care Standards Act 2000.; (534)
8. (i) Feedingstuffs (Zootechnical Products) (Amendment) Regulations 2003 (545)
(ii) Medicated Feedingstuffs (Amendment) (Scotland, England and Wales) Regulations 2003 (546)
(iii) Registered Designs Regulations 2003 (550)
laid under the European Communities Act 1972;
9. Measuring Instruments (EEC Requirements) (Fees) (Amendment) Regulations 2003, laid under the Finance Act 1973; (551)
10. Water Industry (Charges) (Vulnerable Groups) (Amendment) Regulations 2003, laid under the Water Industry Act 1991. (552)
3. Paper not subject to parliamentary proceedingsThe following paper was laid before the House and ordered to lie on the Table:
Draft Code of Practice on Video Recording with Sound, laid under the Terrorism Act 2000.
4. High Hedges Bill [HL]The Queens consent was signified; the bill was read a third time; a privilege amendment was agreed to; then the bill was passed and sent to the Commons.
5. Immigration (EUC Report)It was moved by the Baroness Harris of Richmond that this House takes note of the Report of the European Union Committee on A Common Policy on Illegal Immigration (37th Report, HL Paper 187, Session 2001-02); after debate, the motion was agreed to.
6. Wild Mammals (Protection) (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill [HL]It was moved by the Lord Donoughue that the bill be now read a second time; after debate, the motion was agreed to and the bill was committed to a Committee of the Whole House.
7. Ministerial and other Salaries (Amendment) Bill [HL]It was moved by the Lord Goodhart that the bill be now read a second time; after debate, the motion was agreed to and the bill was committed to a Committee of the Whole House.
The House was adjourned at twenty-five minutes before four oclock
to Monday next, half-past two oclock.